Comforting

"No mum!.....Yes....okay...no...but that wasn't my fault....fine...bye"

You ended the horrific call with your mum. She was being.....a mum. Worrying, arguing and everything else that comes with parenthood.

"Everything okay?" A voice sounded behind you. You turned around to see your friend Niall entering the back garden. Harry was throwing a little house party.

You let out a deep sigh, "Just family stuff, I'm fine."

A frown came across his face before he unexpectedly took a step forward and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a comforting hug.

He rested his chin on top of your head, "I just thought you could use a hug," he mumbled. A short laugh escaped your lips, "thank you" you whispered, burying your face into his chest.

Niall's hugs were the best. Calm. Comforting and just all round fantastic.

After a minute you let go of each other and smiled feeling a little better.

"Want to go back inside now?" He asked. You shook your head, "I will in a few minutes,"

He nodded not moving from his spot. "Aren't you going to go inside?" You questioned.

"I'd be a pretty shit friend if I left you outside upset,"

"It's nothing major Niall, I'm fine," you assured. He shrugged his shoulders, "Well just in case."

"Awww you're cute" you cooed. His eyes narrowed, "What did I tell you about calling me cute?" He demanded.

You held your hands up in surrender, "That it makes you sound like a fluffy little kitten," you answered smirking.

"Exactly," he said straightening himself up a bit, "so if you want to compliment me in the future stick to sexy," he winked. You rolled your eyes and started to laugh, with Niall joining in too.

One of the reasons he was such a good friend of yours was because he knew how to cheer you up, he always knew the right things to say.

"Shut up," you laughed lightly smacking him on the arm.

"NIALL" Louis' voice rang through your ears, you turned towards the door, to see him signalling towards Niall.

"What?" Niall called back.

"That girl who you said was hot wants to dance with you," he winked, wiggled his hips then shut the door again walking back inside.

When Louis said 'girl' 'Niall' and 'hot' in the same sentence something uneasy settled within you.

Niall scratched the back of his neck, "I...erm..."

"Go" you smiled gesturing towards the door. Niall furrowed his eyebrows, "You sure?"

You nodded your head smiling, not trusting your voice.

He hesitated for a second before turning around and heading towards the door. You turned back around, breathing in the fresh air and admiring the beautiful garden.

You heard the door open, probably from Niall going inside. The sound of the music from the party entered your ears.

A few seconds later you felt a pair of arms wrap around you hugging you from behind startling you.

You quickly turned around in the person's arms.

Your eyes widened

"N-Niall? What are you doing?"

A boyish smile appeared on his face, "I wanted to dance with you. And since you didn't want to go inside, I thought I'd bring the party outside."

Your heart melted at his heartwarming words.

"But what about....that girl....."

Niall shook his head, "You're the only girl I want to dance with."

He placed both his hands on your hips gently swaying, as you put yours around his neck, with your fingers gently brushing the bottom of his hair.

"You really are something Horan," you spoke.

"That better be a compliment Ms Y/L/N," He said stern jokingly.

"It was," you giggled.

After a minute of gently swaying to the music, taking you off guard again, Niall leant in and pressed his lips against your forehead. "You always come first for me y/n."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it!

From my previous question I just want to say that you guys are from really cool countries!!!