He's in a bad mood and takes it out on you

"I'm home" you called out to Niall after shutting the front door. Normally Niall would get up to hug you and ask about your day etc. But he didn't appear from the living room today which was strange, you just shrugged it off removing your shoes and walking into the room.

"Hey Niall" you went over to him on the couch to kiss his cheek. "Hey" he replied dully making you frown. "I'm just going to go put my bags upstairs I'll be back soon" you said, waiting for a reply from Niall, but he didn't say anything just sat there staring at the TV screen.

You came back down and sat on the couch attempting to cuddle with Niall, but instead you could tell he looked uncomfortable, and tried to shuffle away from you.

"Niall....are you okay?" You asked. "Perfect" he replied with gritted teeth, he looked like he was getting more annoyed by the second, but you didn't say anything else, thinking it was for the best.

Deciding to try and change the subject on to a lighter tone you began to tell Niall about something funny your friend had told you

"So I was speaking to....."

"Y/n can you be quiet I'm watching the TV!" Niall snapped taking you back a bit. After that you moved away from him on the couch and stood up

"I'm just going to get started on dinner" you muttered quietly walking into the kitchen not even expecting a reply from Niall. What was wrong with him? He's never been like this. Why is he acting so cold?

After you finished dinner you took a deep breath walking back into the room hoping whatever was bugging Niall was no longer affecting him as much.

"Niall foods ready" you smiled. "I'm not hungry" he muttered, making you furrow your eyebrows "what?" You asked getting a little angrier, it's not fair on you for him to be doing this. You haven't done anything to him, nothing that you know of anyway.

"I said...I'm. Not. Hungry." He said slowly acting like he was talking to a child. "Niall what is going on ju......"

"JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP Y/N " he shouted getting off of the couch his face red. His eyes were icy and dark, his jaw clenched. Seeing him like this actually worried you a little, you've never seen him like this, he's never ever raised his voice at you.

That wasn't the end of Niall's rant.

"CAN YOU NOT TELL THAT I'VE HAD A BAD DAY!? YOU'RE SO ANNOYING Y/N. I JUST WANTED TO COME HOME, CHILL OUT AND WATCH A BIT OF FOOTIE BUT NO I CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE OF MY ANNOYING AS HELL GIRLFRIEND!" He finished. After hearing him say that your heart dropped, how could he say something like that to you? Tears were prickling your eyes,

"Well....if I'm so annoying then why am I even your girlfriend" you spoken in between tears before running up the stairs and closing the door to your bedroom.

After you had said those words to Niall his eyes widened as he processed everything he had said to to you. He didn't mean to take it all out on you, in fact he meant none of it. Sometimes he just speaks before he thinks "shit" he muttered before running up the stairs.

"Princess" he knocked. "Princess, y/n please open the door I'm begging you." He pleaded.

You opened the door staring at him with tear stained cheeks.

"Oh my god y/n I don't know what came over me. I'm such a prick for taking all of my anger out on you, I shouldn't have done that it was wrong of me. Shit I'm the worst boyfriend in the world, what have I done? I know it's no excuse it's just, the touring and recording and the fans and everything just got too much for me today. I should have spoken to you about it instead of shouting my stupid mouth off. Why am I so stupid?!" He exclaimed rubbing his forehead.

"I don't deserve you y/n......but please.....please don't leave me. I don't know what I'd do without you. Forgive me? I'll make it up to you I promise." He pleaded with watering eyes. He looked tired, like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

"When a person who is in the middle of touring the world, has millions of people depending on them, people watching their every move, judging them and sending them criticism every second of the day.....it's okay for them to have a bad day I guess....." You joked trying to make a little humour out of the situation, "but please don't take it out on me again" you said seriously.

Niall brought you in for a bone crushing hug, pressing soft kisses to your forehead

"Never." He confirmed. "I really am sorry, I'm going to do everything I can to make it up to you. You're my princess and I'm going to make sure i treat you like one every single day." He said.

And he kept that promise. You knew he would. Once Niall says something he never goes back on his word and you knew how much you meant to him, he reminded you every single day, every couple has their off days, it's how you get through it, is what determines you as a couple. And right now you and Niall are stronger than ever.