How he asks you on a date

You and Niall had been good friends for a while and he invited you around to chill out at his for a while since he was on a break from the tour and you hadn't seen him in ages.

"HA I beat you! 5th time in a row" Niall cheered placing the controller down onto the table. You rolled your eyes "Well what do you expect Niall....you were cheating duh"

Niall placed a hand on his heart dramatically "Cheating....me....y/n how could you?" Making you laugh

"See you're just a sore loser." He cooed. "Am not!" You huffed crossing your arms against your chest. Niall scoffed "Yeah of course you're not. That's why you look like a kid who's had their sweets taken away from them" he spoke with a smile playing on his lips. You stuck your tongue out at him "Point proven." He smirked.

"Whatever" you muttered.

"Wanna play again?" He offered knowing you'd say no. You gave him a pointed look to which he put his hands up in surrender. "Just checking," he mumbled.

"So Horan, you're on a break now right?" You asked to be sure.

He nodded his head, "Yeah, tour starts in February,"

"What are you gonna do till then?"

"Eat. Sleep. Chill on repeat," he stated laying back on the sofa placing his hands behind his head.

"Wow, sounds tough," you said sarcastically.

"It sure is. You have no idea how hard it is to get up and walk to the fridge, takes me at least three tries,"

You couldn't help but laugh.

Niall's phone buzzed signalling he had a text. He looked at it and rolled his eyes, "Louis."

"What did he say?"

A faint blush appeared on his cheeks but he shook his head, "Nothing."

You decided to make fun out of him, "Niall you're blushing! Are you in love with Louis!?"

Niall's eyes widened, "What are you talking about you crazy girl?"

"You tell me," you countered.

Niall shook his head, "He was just teasing me about something."

"Oh," you replied. "This wouldn't happen to be about this mysterious girl you like is it?"

If his eyes could get any wider they'd pop out, "Who told you that?"

"I have sources," you shrugged, in fact it was Liam, he accidentally let it slip during a conversation. Out of the boys Louis was the only one who knew about your little crush on Niall, so hearing something like that did kind of hurt.

"Well I'd like to meet these sources,"

"Sorry no can do." You replied smiling sheepishly. "So, is it about your girl?"

Niall hesitated but nodded.

"Why don't you just ask her out?" You asked, even though it was hurting.

"It's not that easy," Niall shrugged, "I hate rejection."

"No one likes rejection. But how can you be so sure she'll reject you?"

Niall shook his head, "She's too good for me, and I dunno....she treats me like a friend, so I guess that's all she wants us to be,"

You rolled your eyes, "Well of course she treats you like a friend. How else do you want her to treat you? If she acted like she likes you then she'd probably think that you'd find her weird,"

"You really think she'd feel like that?"

You nodded your head, "Yeah....she would."

"So I should ask her out?" He asked.

As much as it pained you to say it, you nodded your head, "You should."

"Okay, I'll do it now." He grinned.

"Now?"

"Yes now,"

"Okay, I'm just going to go to the bathroom, you call her and tell me what she says," you said getting up not wanting to hear the conversation.

"Sure," Niall replied taking his phone out of his pocket.

You walked upstairs, once you got to the top you felt your phone vibrating in your pocket, you took it out and saw Niall's name. "What is he doing?" You muttered.

"Hello?"

"Hey y/n"

"Erm Niall....why are you calling me I'm just upstairs, and I thought you were calling that girl?"

"I am" he replied.

"Huh?"

"I'm taking your advice y/n, so I wanted to ask you...if you'd go on a date with me?"

A thousand things went through your mind but you never expected this.

"Are you....are you serious?"

"Deadly. So....."

"I'd love to," you smiled.

"Great," you could picture Niall grinning. You ended the call and walked back downstairs to see Niall doing a little dance in the middle of the room

"What are you doing?" You asked with an amused smile. He abruptly stopped and coughed awkwardly, "I erm...saw a fly...."

You laughed shaking your head, "You're crazy."

"So are you. You agreed to go on a date with me" he winked.

"I did didn't I,"

"Yeah, and you won't regret it. It's going to be the best date ever, I promise you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're all awesome!