Your dad doesn't like him

"I don't like him y/n, he's not good enough for you" Your dad said whilst you were clearing away the dishes. Niall offered to help but your mum insisted he see a few of your old pictures, so they were in the living room, whilst your dad stayed behind to tell you what he thought of Niall.

"What?" You whisper yelled as you turned around to face him.

"You heard me loud and clear y/n. He's not right for you, his lifestyle-"

"Is what?" You cut off harshly.

"It's crazy y/n. Absolutely crazy, and I don't want you involved in all of that. Have you not heard celebrity stories about how they get bored and move on in their relationships?"

"You're comparing him to gossip? Dad you're judging him on his lifestyle, not him." You scoffed.

"I don't like the bo-" he was cut off by a small knock on the door, you both turned around to see Niall smiling hesitantly.

"Erm...sorry to interrupt, it's just sir y/m/n is asking for you in the other room,"

Your dad cleared his throat, "Right, if you'll excuse me," he nodded a little and walked out of the room, leaving Niall and you.

"Nial-"

"I heard," he cut off lowly, his shoulders were slumped, he looked upset.

"I'm so sorry, he doesn't know what he's talkin-"

"But he does. He's your dad y/n, I don't want to to ruin your relationship between you and him."

"You're not," you tried to tell him.

He smiled sadly, "I am though.....I don't want to be that guy..." He said sadly running a hand through his hair.

You walked closer to him and hugged him. After a few moments he put his arms around your waist and placed his chin on top of your head giving it a small kiss.

"Don't leave me," you mumbled into his chest.

Niall immediately moved his head back to get a better look at you. "What are you talking about?"

"I-I thought-"

"I'm never leaving you y/n. No matter what. I promise I'm going to try my hardest to get your dad to like me and if that doesn't work..." He paused for a second, "Then we'll find a way." He affirmed.

*2 weeks later*

Niall's pov

"Alright...I'm on my way dad. Okay. Bye," Y/n ended the phone call, I turned to ask her what was wrong, before I could say anything she started to talk

"Dad's car has broken down, he wants me to get him, he's waiting for the tow truck now," she explained.

That's when an idea came to me, "I can pick him up,"

She looked hesitant, "I don't know...."

"Don't worry princess it'll be alright. Remember I told you I was going to do whatever i could to get your dad's approval,"

She thought about it for a minute then nodded her head. I smiled walking up and leaving a soft lingering kiss on her lips, "I love you,"

"I love you too, call me if anything goes wrong" she added.

"I will," I then kissed her forehead, grabbed my coat and keys then walked out.

My palms were sweating, my legs were shaky and I couldn't stop running my hand through my hair. Being nervous sucks.

I pulled up onto the street y/n gave me the address to. From a distance I spotted her dad standing outside of his car

"Here goes" I muttered to myself, before pulling over a little behind the car.

Her dad looked up relieved to see the car, he started walking over, he squinted his eyes, probably realising it wasn't y/n here to pick him up. He stopped for a moment, then shook his head and carried on walking towards me.

I opened the car door and stepped out.

"Sir," I greeted nodding my head.

"Niall....what are you doing here. Is everything okay with y/n?" He asked worried.

"Yeah she's fine. I just offered to pick you up instead, I hope that's...okay..." I finished awkwardly.

He nodded his head, "Yeah, that's fine. Let me go give some details to the tow truck guy and then I'll be back," he gave me a small smile then walked away.

I let out a sigh of relief. So far so good.

A few minutes later her dad returned, "Let's go," he said opening the door, I followed suit and started the car.

After a few minutes of driving in extremely awkward silence, I thought it was time to break it.

"Listen, sir I love your daughter with all my heart."

I could feel his eyes on me, "Where's this coming from Niall?"

"I kind of...by total accident I promise. I overheard your conversation with y/n in the kitchen a couple of weeks ago,"

A low "oh" escaped his lisp. "Niall, I want you to know, that I'm sure you're a great guy. It's just y/n's my daughter, my little girl....I don't want to see her get hurt."

"I don't want her to get hurt either. I'd do anything to make sure she isn't in any sort of pain. I know my life isn't ideal, it's not a walk in the park, but honestly as cheesy as it sounds, without y/n I don't think I could have kept as strong as I am now. Sir your daughter is amazing, and I know that no one will ever be good enough for her, but I promise I'm going to try be the perfect guy that you hoped she'd be with," I finished mentally groaning. That probably didn't even make any sense. No I know it didn't make any sense because he hasn't said a word.

I heard him take a deep breath, I stole a quick glance at him to see him rubbing his eyes tiredly, "I know you're right for her Niall," he whispered.

My eyes widened a little, did I mishear?

"Huh?"

He cleared his throat, "I guess I'm just not ready to see my little girl grow up and move on. She's not going to depend on me anymore, it'll be you now. And as a dad....that's hard for me you know?" He tried to explain sadly.

I nodded my head slowly in understanding, his words took a big toll on me.

"I understand. You're always gonna come first for y/n, no matter what, you know that right? You're her dad and nothing can break the bond you two have. I promise I'll look after her,"

"Thank you Niall," he replied genuinely.

I smiled, "Anytime sir,"

"Call me y/d/n. I've never liked the word sir," he chuckled.

"Right, sorry y/d/n," I laughed.

"So tell me about your fun rockstar life," her dad asked jokingly, but seeming genuinely interested. So I started to talk

*20 mins later*

"Here we are," i announced as I opened the door.

"Dad, Niall. You didn't kill each other," y/n joked coming over to hug her dad.

"No, Niall's a good guy. A very good guy," her dad replied.

Y/n looked shocked and turned to me, I winked at her and then she had the biggest grin that I loved appear on her face. If her dad wasn't here right now I'd probably have kissed her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it!

Does anyone know any good movies (chick flicks included) that I could watch? :)))))