AU: Breaking down the bad boy

It's a little different but I hope you like it :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Beat it kid!"

Niall Horan. The notorious bad boy of the school. How clichè I know. Most guys envied him or were terrified of him. Girls 'swooned' over him, deep down every girl wants to be the one to tame the bad boy.

He was definitely good looking, you had to give him that. He was blessed with good genes. You were just a nobody, with your few friends, barely anyone knew your name, you were just another face in the crowd.

You stood in the hallway placing your things in your locker. A boy in one of the years below you wanted to have a drink of water, but Niall stopped him making the boy quickly scurry off.

Two of your best friends were standing beside you chatting away about the weekend. You closed your locker tuning into their conversation, when the corner of your eye caught something or someone.

Niall.

He looked enraged, his fists were clenched, his two friends behind him tried placing a hand on his shoulder to calm him down but he just shrugged them off, instead he looked towards the smirking guy in front of him. You had no idea what was going on but it didn't look like it would end well.

"Y/n? Y/n?!" Your friend cut you out of your thoughts waving a hand in front of your face. "Huh? What?"

Your friend rolled her eyes "You zoned out again. We were saying Jack's just got on the bad side of Niall, look" she said gesturing to the two who looked like they were ready to fight, "I think he's got a death wish," she carried on. Your other friend nodded "me too. I mean...what kind of idiot confronts Niall Horan....." She emphasised his name.

Your attention turned back to the storm which was brewing in front of your eyes. Jack was one of those douche bags who did anything for attention, he thought he would 'get girls' if he tried to be a bad ass, if anything it just got him an ass kicking. He must have said something really stupid because you could see the smoke pouring out of Niall's ears. He looked ready to kill.

"Watcha gonna do Horan?" Jack challenged, you mentally rolled your eyes, he's so going to regret this. A crowd starting forming around your locker, you looked around to realise you were at the front of that crowd....oh god, today was not your day.

"Don't test me, Scott," Niall said through gritted teeth.

"Last name basis this isn't good," some random person whispered from behind you.

You rolled your eyes, it's like these guys just thrived off of conflict.

"What are you going to do about it," Jack smirked going right up into Niall's personal bubble. This was it. He was going to die.

Within a second of what Jack said everything went to chaos. Niall threw the first punch aiming straight for Jacks jaw....that's gonna be painful in the morning. Jack didn't back down though, they were both throwing punches at each other left right and centre. The crowd were getting louder and rowdier, they were cheering and booing, encouraging them to fight even more. People were pushing trying to see the fight, resulting in you moving closer and getting squashed by other people.

A loud groan erupted from Jack as he was hunched over but Niall wasn't done yet, he swung his arm heading straight towards Jack's stomach and before you could comprehend what was happening Jack stumbled right onto you. You fell to the ground banging your head a yelp of pain escaped you. There was going to be a bump there that's for sure.

A huge weight was still on you...Jack...he looked too weak to get off of you. Your head was in pain and it didn't seem like anyone in the audience wanted to help you....either that or they were too scared Niall was going to beat them up.

To your surprise the weight was lifted off of you, you were too stunned and in pain to move. You heard a crashing sound, from the corner of your eyes you saw Jack on the floor again.

A hand came in front of your face, gasps coming from the crowd. "Here," your eyes widened at that familiar voice, the voice that you never even dreamed would ever talk to you, Niall.

Without thinking you took his hand which was held out for you and he lifted you off of the ground, you were still a little dazed from the fall so stumbled a little, but Niall held you in place making sure you didn't fall again by placing both his hands on your waist steadying you. "You okay y/n?" He asked, his voice low and husky.

You could have fainted then and there. He knew your name. Niall Horan knew your name.

You snapped out of your thoughts, looking into his eyes to see a hint of concern, the emotion flashed away as quick as it came though.

"Yeah," you answered. Everything was eerily silent in the hallways, you didn't need to look around to realise people probably had their jaws dropped. It wasn't everyday Niall talked to people out of his friend group never mind showed an ounce of concern.

He brought a finger up to your forehead gently rubbing over it making you wince, he felt your action and immediately dropped his hand. He cleared his throat before looking towards the crowd of students, it looked like he was scanning for someone

"You" he pointed to your best friend Chelsea, she looked shocked to say the least. "M-me?" She stuttered. Niall motioned for her to move forward, so she did. "You're her friend right?" He asked. She immediately nodded her head. "Take her to the nurses office," he ordered, Chelsea nodded her head placing an arm around your shoulder to steady you, just in case you did decide to faint.

You just stood there glued to the spot in shock. A small smirk appeared on Niall's face as he looked at you, his face then turned to Jack who was still on the floor rubbing his stomach in pain, then his attention turned to the crowd

"What are you all looking at!?" He shouted, everyone immediately dispersed, whispers filling the air. Niall took one last look at you before turning around in the opposite direction walking away, out the school doors with his two best friends trailing behind him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking of doing a part 2 but I'm not sure. What do you guys think!? X