4.Flashback

Shweta's POV:

After a month...

Kavya is almost cured now. I'm happy for her. Now the hospital is much safe. Neither Priya nor Harish came even once. I felt something really bad that's going on.

I and Kavya became very good friends. I took complete care of her. Tomorrow is her discharge. I even asked her about her family. But she said that there is no one for her. I felt bad. I asked her to stay in hospital for 2 more weeks as she really needs someone to take care of. As she had none at home, she agreed after a long argument.

Her baby Pranav is also healthy and happy.

He is very cute and naughty as compared to other boys of his age

He is very cute and naughty as compared to other boys of his age. Kavya would spend all her time only with Pranav or with me. I even tried asking her about Harish and their relationship. But I noticed that whenever I start any conversation regarding Harish, a pain and unknown guilt carved on her face. Looking at her in that state, I couldn't proceed further with that topic.

After 2 weeks...

Today is Kavya's discharge. I'm surely gonna miss her. I personally made sure that it is safe for her to walk out of the hospital. I even requested the police inspector to arrange for police security around her house so that there is no harm for her.

"Bye Shweta!! I'll really miss you! Please do come home whenever you are free!" Kavya said hugging me with her eyes blurred. I understood that she has never been so open to anyone like this before. Her words literally made me shed tears too.

I hugged her back "Don't worry Kavya! I'm always there for you. Trust me. Atleast every week I'll surely come to your home and spend atleast an hour with you and your son. Now don't cry. You are making it difficult for me too" I said trying to control my tears.

She nodded. We pulled apart when we saw the room door opening. I saw Dean entering with a file in his hand. To my shock I found Harish entering the room behind him. They both were discussing something. As soon as Kavya saw him entering, she ran to him. He opened his arms wide to hug her. She too, without a second thought, ran into his arms and hugged him like there is no tomorrow.

I felt an ache in my heart. I had a tough time controlling my tears which were about to drop any moment.

I know they are married and have all rights to hug. But still somewhere my heart refused to believe the fact. I know I have hurt him. It's me who rejected him when he proposed me. I knew he loved me with all his heart and he even proved it to me. It's so stupid of me to reject him. I knew that I will surely regret it one day. But I had no idea that this will hurt me so much. Now I badly regret that my actions on that day. If only I could go back to that day and change everything!!

I discussed with Dean regarding Kavya's discharge. He checked her health condition once again and approved her discharge. I saw Harish helping her to get her out of her bed. She is struggling to walk and that's when I saw him making her lean on to him completely and taking her to his car. Behind them, I saw someone carrying Pranav to their car, whom I guess is their maid. I rushed to my room before creating a scene there by my tears.