47.Unexpected care and comfort

Ritu Pov

Achuuu!

I sneezed for the eleventh time in fifteen minutes. Damn this cold!

I went to the kitchen to make hot chocolate for myself. If you all are wondering where is everyone then Kiran has gone to Paris to attend a meeting tagged with his lover girl. Kavya is busy with her NGO work along with modelling. Yes, she always wanted to be a model and now she's giving it a try. I wish her all the luck.

Pranav is with aunt and uncle, I mean Shweta's mom and dad. Since her mom is a house wife, she volunteered to take care of him. He is growing into a cute but strong boy. I'm so happy for them. Priya has gone to a camp organized by her college.

Shweta has gone to attend a campaign to treat the soldiers in Kashmir where Harish is. Priya told this to all of our friends the other day and we hope they get things cleared. Today is Shweta's birthday. I called her in the morning and wished her. I couldn't ask her anything about Harish since she was rushing for her work. She said that she woke up late but she is a morning person. I wonder what made her sleep so late?

Coming to me, I live alone in a flat which my company has provided me. My dad expired when I was just 12. Since then, all I have is my mom. I lived with her in my childhood and now she's staying in our native house. I call her everyday and wish to be with her all the time. Atleast she can come here but she doesn't want to leave the house in which dad and mom lived happily. I can't disrespect her emotions and sentiments, so I let her stay there.

She is like a best friend to me. I share anything and everything with her. She always has my back in everything. She advices me at the right time. I didn't tell her that I got this cold since a week or else she'll ask me to go there or she'll come here. I can't go cause I have some work here and she can't travel alone. I'm all alone now and I feel very lonely. I wish someone was here beside me. But it's my fault that I didn't tell anyone that I'm sick since a week. All my friends keep calling me every now and then but I made sure they don't get any doubt. I don't want them worried or disturbed from their work.

I sipped the last sip of my hot chocolate and came back to my bed only to lay down, covering myself with blanket. I drifted off to deep sleep.

I jerked up to hear my phone ringing on the night stand. I stretched myself and reached to it. It's an unknown number. I attended the call though.

"Hello" someone spoke.

"Yea"

"Ms. Ritu?" He asked.

"Speaking, who are you?" I replied in a weak voice.

"Hey, I'm Aditya, Shweta's friend. Do you remember me?" He asked and yes, I remember him. He helped us with Yash getting arrested.

"Yea, hi. How are you?" I asked him with a weak smile.

"I'm good but what happen to your voice? You are sounding so low!" He asked me.

"Nothing much, just cold" I replied, resting my head on the bed post, wrapping the covers over my chilled legs.

"Oh, please take care" he said and I smiled.

"Sure. So tell me, is it something important that you called me?" I asked him.

"Umm, actually yea. It's something related to Yash but since you are sick, I don't want you to get stressed" he said and I smiled inwardly at his care.

"Nothing like that, I'm fine. Tell me" I replied.

"Well, I called Shweta but she's in Kashmir I guess, so I asked her for your number. I'm sorry if I disturbed you. Please take rest, I'll call up Priya" he said and I sat upright on my bed.