56.A day with her

Aditya Pov

I entered the passcode of her flat door and went inside. I kept the parcel on the kitchen slab. I took out her favourite snickers from the cover and started searching for her when I heard a loud sound from her bedroom.  It has been a week since I shifted as Ritu's neighbour and I really think this is one of the best decision of my life. We started growing so close to eachother that we spoke to each other's parents on face time for a couple of times. We know each other quiet well now and that's the reason I know her flat passcode and even she knows mine. We both use eachother flats without hesitation and it all felt just...so right!

I went inside slowly and carefully without making any noise. The view in front of me made my eyes pop out of the socket.

In front of me stood my love dancing on the bed with a towel wrapped around her body. Her back was facing me and she was singing the lyrics of the sing loud and dancing to the exact steps of some desi song.

This girl will surely make me go crazy with her acts.

She was dancing on the corner of the bed, jumping like a mad monkey. She suddenly slipped and was about to fall when I went to her and pulled her in my arms.

She closed her eyes in reflex and clutched my shirt tightly. I chuckled.

She opened her eyes slowly as if she was observing the surrounding for her safety. Hee smiled widened when she found her safe in my arms.

"Oh! Thank god I didn't brake my legs" she said as she released herself from my hold around her hips.

"Thanks Aditya" Ritu said with her heart throbbing smile.

Her gaze immediately landed on my hand where I had the snickers.

"Wow! You got this for me? Aww, that's so sweet of you" she snatched the chocolate bar from her hand and started munching it, looking at it delicately. She moaned at the taste and I found myself losing my control.

"Ri..Ritu" I stammered for the first time in front of a girl.

"Huh?" She looked up to see me and I once again for drown in her eyes. Her wet hair falling on her forehead,her lips with chocolate at the corner of it, her sharp nose, her chubby cheeks, isn't helping me at all.

We stood still looking into each other's eyes. Her eyes bore deep into mine as if she was looking at my sole.

My phone rang, bringing us out of our thoughts. Her eyes widened. I guess she realised her state of clothing just now. She immediately ran to the washroom dropping the chocolate bar in the bed. I chuckled at her act and quickly went outside her bedroom taking my phone from my pocket.

"Hello" I attended the call. It was Shweta.

"Hey bud" she greeted me in extra enthusiastic tone.

"What made my devil so happy?" I asked her and heard her giggling on the other side.

"Nothing much. So where are you?" She asked me.

"Umm... I'm..I'm at..." I stammered again. Ok, this is my second time and this is also because of Ritu. A smile appeared on my lips unknowingly, thinking about her.

"At Ritu's house right?" She asked me and I wasn't surprised at it. I very well know that aunt and uncle must have told her that I'm renting an apartment here.

"So how's she? Can I talk to her?" She asked.

"She's bathing now. I'll talk her to call you once she's done" I replied.

"Idiot, what are you doing there when she's bathing?" She roared. I'm sure if she was here, she might have slapped me. She's very protective towards her friends.