70.Mystery

Avinash Pov

I opened my eyes only to be greeted by a nurse who was checking my pulse. This is so not what I want. I was stressing out lately and the sole reason is my love. It's silly that I can't be angry at her for this.

I know she wants time but she completely shut me off. She never received my calls and reply to my messages. I can't help but sneak in her house to make sure she's ok. I even bunk my schedule and go to her hospital for checking on her.

If you all wondering why am I not in the hospital owned by my dad, then let me tell you, my dad wants me to experience everything before I take over. He wants me to stand by myself and prove to him that I'm capable of his seat. So I hid my identity and I'm working in another hospital as a pathologist.

Since I kept taking leave to check in her, my dad scolded me a lot but it all went to deaf ears. A single day of mine failed pass without seeing her. I secretly took her pictures too, I know it's creepy but I don't care. My love for her is so much that I can't help it.

"Oh sir, you're awake? I'll just call the doctor" the nurse walked out and I was still on the bed, staring at the blank ceiling.

"How are you Mr. Avinash?" The doctor entered. He is none other than my dad's friend.

"I'm fine uncle. Please don't tell dad about this, I don't want him to know. Please" I requested him and he nodded.

"Dr. Shweta too requested me, so don't worry. This is between us" he assured me and checked my body. I cooperated with him, wanting to heal fast. My dad has contacts all over the world and I can't stay hidden for long.

Just then a voice startled me in my place.

"Doctor, how's he?" Akshaya walked in with Shweta following her. My heart started beating fast, seeing her after so many hours. I didn't expect her to come here. Shweta might have told her. I know I shouldn't be stressing her like this when she's important in some project but I can't help it. It's something out of my control.

"He's fine now. Just needs a lot of rest. He can be discharged this evening. Just make sure you don't use your arm a lot and stop driving for a while" the doctor remained and left the room, followed by the nurse.

"How are you?" Akshaya asked and I felt myself smiling.

"I'll get something for you to eat" Shweta excused herself and left. I kept looking at her as she sat on the still beside me.

"Stop smiling like an idiot and answer me, how are you?" She glared at me.

"Not good, I miss you" I told honestly.

"Hmm" that was her reply.

"Idiot" I cursed and a smile grew on her lips. Guess she heard it.

"What is all this?" She pointed at the bandage on my arm.

"Umm, nothing" I smiled cheekily.

"Yea, I can see that it's nothing" she said.

"Akshu, it's really nothing. You don't worry. And I'm sorry for stressing you when you have your project to complete" I said and she slapped me hard across my face.

"What the?" I shouted.

"Dare you raise your voice idiot. You don't know how I felt when I was rushing here. My mind wasn't functioning well and you're saying it's nothing? Don't you know drinking and driving is illegal? What made you do that?" She fumed in anger. I did not expect her to burst like this. I held her hand and made her sit again.

She took deep breaths to calm herself. No wonder I love her. She looks so cute when she's angry. Unknowingly a large smile spread on my lips and she glared at me again looking at it.

"I'm so sorry but you look so cute now" I said. Suddenly her cheeks showed a shade of light pink and I'm relieved to find a way to calm my tigress.

"I love you Akshaya, I love you way more than anything. Seeing you ignore me for almost two months made me so depressed. I couldn't think of anything other than you. I might sound creepy but I kept following you everywhere you go. I couldn't control myself from looking at you. I promise yesterday was the first time I drank so much and I lost my senses. I talked to Shweta about you and she told me you're stressing lately. I was thinking about you when I met with an accident. My car dashed against the pole and I went unconscious then and there" I explained the whole scenario to her.

Tears rolled down her eyes and it squeezed my heart. I never knew she'll react in such a way if u tell her. Gosh! I'm such a bad lover.

"I'm so sorry love, I didn't mean to make you cry. I just felt that you deserve to know everything about me. I'm so-" she cut me.

She hugged me tightly and that's when I felt alive after months. This is what I was carving for, her in my arms, hugging me tightly. I pulled her close and she ended up on my lap. I put my arms around her and hugged her tightly as if my life was dependent on the hug. I caressed her hair, stroking it time to time while I heard her sniffing every now and then. I patted her back and tried to pull her away from the hug to soothe her but she kept hugging me tightly. I couldn't be anymore happy. I too hugged her. We stayed in the same position for sometime until we heard a knock on the door.

Reluctantly we pulled apart and she sat in the stool back when Shweta entered with two cups of coffee and sandwich in her hand.

They asked me about my health now and my little angel, not believing me when I said I'm fine, she herself checked me and finally relaxed.

We were silent for sometime until Akshu spoke.

"I'm sorry Avi. I didn't mean to avoid you. I just needed my space. I had a lot of work tension and I needed time for myself. I know I feel something towards you but I still can't point out what exactly it is. But everytime I'm with you, I'm the most happiest person. I feel very safe and loved when I'm with you. But at the same time, I was afraid of heart break. You know how much I love my passion, my job. I love to be a good doctor to serve people and I can't let my personal problems affect that. I was scared what if you leave me when I start loving you? I just wanted sometime alone, all to myself so I can sort out things, so I can come to know what you mean to me. I really didn't mean to hurt you. I definitely didn't expect such a thing to happen. It's all because of me and I'm so so-" I cut her by placing a finger on her lips.

"You don't have to explain anything to me. I understand you and I know what you want. I'm not forcing you into this. I'm happy to know that you feel something for me. If you what your space, I'll gladly give you. Do whatever you want but I just wanted to know what's my place in your life. Now that I got my answer, I'll wait for you my little angel. Achieve whatever you wish to in your career and I'm always be there for you. I'm sorry for adding to your stress. I promise I'll take care of myself just for you. I want this life with you, to love you, to pamper you, to care for you, to have a family with you. Just for you and only you. I love you my little angel" I planted a kiss on her forehead when my phone rang.

Akshaya attended it for man's she kept it on speaker. It's a friend from the Kashmir camo.

"Hey Ram! What's up?" I tried to sound cheerful.

"Harish is missing dude. He left no traces but we are sure he isn't kidnapped. He wantedly left to somewhere writing a letter to our captain. It said that he has some important work to do for the country and asked to deliver a letter to Shweta. I don't have her number so please forward this message to her" he said and we turned to see Shweta in pool of tears.

Something is very mysterious here!

A/N

Hey lovelies!
Please wish me luck. I have an important exam today and I'm desperately in need of a support.
Please pray for me!

Will see you all soon!

Love,
Menaka ❤