13.Shock

Priya Pov

"Shweta, how's she?" I asked panicking.

"She's injured badly in her head and her arms. Her scan reports are yet to come. I can only say anything after I go through her scan reports" Shweta said and I so badly want to slap Kavya for her stupid decision.

Can't she think of Pranav atleast once? He needs her in his life, as a mother, as a guide, as a mentor, as a friend. He doesn't even have his dad by his side. How stupid is she to take a drastic step? I know suicide is the last option she could opt for, but why now?

Did anything happen again? Oh god! I just hope she isn't under any trouble again. Can't she come back to her normal self, happy and jolly type, which she was 2 years ago?

________________________________________________

I held her hand as tears slipped down my eyes. It hurts me to see Shweta in this vulnerable state.

We were on our way to the airport when we were struck in traffic. Shweta stepped out of the car to see what's the problem. She screamed to us and Preeti and I ran to her.

There was Kavya, lying in the pool of blood. I realised that a car ran her down. People were either staring at her or involved in commotions.

Can our society be smart once? There's a girl who met with an accident who is dying right in front of your eyes and here, these heartless people aren't helping her. This society is never gonna improve.

We picked her up and took her to our car since ambulance might take time to arrive. We rushed to St Mary's hospital where Shweta works.

On the way, she called up her colleagues and arranged the necessities for the admission. Kavya was badly injured her head, arms and thigh.

Shweta did first aid and I helped her. Preeti drove the car as fast as to the hospital. Tears were rolling down our cheeks.

"Please wake up Kavya. We need you. We are here for you. Please wake up. I need you to tease me back, to smack my head playfully, to play chess with me. Please come back soon. We are waiting" I held her hand tightly.

Taking one last look of her, I walked out of the ICU. No one is allowed to enter the ICU but I begged Shweta and she helped me.

Though seeing Kavya helped me mentally for stabilizing, I still can't be normal until she sits up straight. I yet can't digest the fact that she tried to attempt suicide. I so want to slap her.

"She's responding very well to our treatment. Luckily there's no major in her head. But yet, a minor operation has to be done now. After that she'll be normal." The Dean said as he checked Kavya's scan reports.

"But doctor, is it necessary to do the operation? I think it's a minor issue" Shweta asked the Dean.

"Yes Shweta. Though it's just removing a small clot in her brain, it'll be helpful if we do it just now, not wanting any further complications. Arrange the operation theatre" Dean explained and left to his cabin.

"She will be fine right?" Preeti asked.

"I promise Preeti. She'll be alright. As the Dean said it's just a minor operation. Don't worry. I'm gonna assist him during the operation. I'll make sure nothing happens to her" Kavya confirmed her. We nodded our head.

After a couple of hours.....

"The operation is successful. We removed the clot. She's fine now. She'll be shifted to the normal room within an hour" Dean said as he came out of the operation theatre with Shweta and some other doctors while Preeti and I were pacing to and fro in front of the theater.