9. Meeting them

Shweta Pov

ONE WEEK LATER....

"Pack this please" I asked the shopkeeper to pack a dog teddy.

Today is my cutie pie Pranav's birthday. He's a very chubby and naughty boy. I regularly visit him and Kavya. He's very fond of me. Whenever I call him cutie pie, he gives me one of his cute little smile. And that's it, I fall for it. He asks me to take him out all the time.

He loves spending time with me. Also do I. He's very sweet and cute. His eyes, they are very convincing. That's the reason I can't deny anything he asks. And he, being clever, takes advantage of it and asks for a chocolate whenever I take him out.

His mom doesn't feed him chocolate as he keeps asking for it the whole day. But when we go out alone, he asks me to buy a chocolate and I get him one. I warned him not to tell his mom about it. He understood and never opened it in front of Kavya.

He's very much fond of dogs. Whenever he sees a dog, he tries to jump out of my hold just to touch the dog. He's also a bold chick. I hope he likes my gift.

After getting my gift packed, I started my car to Kavya's house. I hope I get to see Harish there. I had a huge crush on him, or should I say that he was my first love and my only love till date. I know he's Kavya's husband and I have no right to think about him or admire him but I don't know why I still feel he's mine.

I still remember the day, every moment of his proposal. I so badly wanted to admit my feelings to him at that very moment, but I think fate doesn't want us to be together. I loved him with all heart. He deserves to know my feelings for him, but unlucky me, I can't tell him that.

After 20 minutes of drive, I finally reached Kavya's house. The house was beautifully decorated outside and I'm pretty sure the interior will be mind blowing as it was Kavya and I who did all the arrangements.

I parked my car and made my way inside the house with my gift wrapped in my hands. As soon as I entered the hall, I saw a many people scattered here and there.

Some were talking while some were enjoying the music which was being played. Some women were busy gossiping in their groups while a troop of young boys were busy flirting with the pretty looking girls. This is truly a grand party. I'm glad everyone is enjoying it pretty well.

"Hi Shweta!! What took you so long madam?" I turned around to see Kavya, with Pranav on her arms, taunting me.

"Hi Kavya! Hey birthday boy!!" I happily extended my arms to him and he jumped into my arms without wasting a second. I caught him carefully and pecked on his cheeks.

"Happy birthday my cutie pie" I said to him, kissing his forehead and he giggled.

"Here, this is for you" I gave him the gift. He smiled at me.

He struggled to open the wrapper. I smiled and helped him unwrap the gift. He hugged the teddy with a smile on his face. His smile got me satisfaction. Kavya was watching us standing beside us.

"You are enough to spoil him" Kavya said.

"He's my cutie pie. Who else will spoil him if I don't?" I replied and hugged Pranav. He smiled cutely at me with his arms around my neck.

"Ok now. Is time for your gift" Kavya said making me confused. I narrowed my eyebrows looking at her questioningly.

"My gift?"

"Yea, your gift. But before you receive it, you'll have to come with me to meet someone" she said and dragged me to her room upstairs.

I was holding Pranav in my arms and walked with her to her room.

As soon she opened the door, there stood my all time bestie Priya in her most beautiful anarkali and a little makeup. Her smoky eyes added beauty to her.

Kavya took Pranav from me seeing Priya approaching me. She immediately hugged me. I put my arms around her and sighed in relief knowing that she's safe in front of me.

"We need to talk" I said her, still hugging. I felt her nodding her head. I smiled at her gesture.

We broke the hug and sat down on the bed.

"She's my childhood friend." Kavya pointed to Priya. We'll, that's the reason Priya was so worried about Kavya and Pranav during her accident.

"When I gained back my conscious after my operation, she told me that it was you who saved me from my murder attacks. I know you don't like sorry and thanks between friends but I have to say this. I'm ever grateful to you for saving me and my son. You are one of the most important person in my life. Thank you so much for all the love and care Shweta" Kavya said it me emotionally and hugged me.

I understood her situation. Being a psychology student, I can understand her pain and her feelings. I know how badly you need someone to be by your side at this point of time. I was in Kavya's place few years back and thankfully my friends were there for me. And now, Kavya is undergoing the same and I'll be there for her to get out of her problems.

But yet I don't know what's her problem! She didn't yet tell me what's her problem. I promise, I'll help her in the best way possible.

We broke the hug and I saw Pranav jumping into my arms. I smiled and held him close.

"Shweta, I'm very sorry for hiding my problems from you though you have all rights to know as my best friend. I want to open up everything to you. Till now it's only Priya and some other friends of mine, who knows everything about me. And thankfully you being her friend since high school, I have full trust on you. I know you can't do anything, but still want to know about for my treatment. I'll tell you now" Kavya said.

I'm really happy that she's ready to open up to me now. I was waiting for this time since an year and now finally I'm getting to know what's her problem and why she's being targeted to murder attacks.

"Actually Harish is ........." She was cut off by the sound of the door. Someone opened the door from outside.

Why the hell does this have to happen right now?

I was hell irritated and looked at the door. Whatttttt??

Kiran and Preeti!!!!!

Oh my god! I'm really going to die of heart attacks. You are giving me so many shocks these days!

I looked at them and their eyes widened looking at me, just like mine.

Kiran Pov

Shweta!?

No one informed me that she's come. Preeti and I were so stunned to see her here.

We didn't meet her since 6 years though we know every single detail about her. We wanted her to be safe and sound. That's the reason we didn't approach her all these years.

Also she was so determined to become a successful doctor. We didn't want to distract her from her from her career.

But that day, we didn't have any other choice other than involving her in this matter. She's very intelligent and talented. She was the only person whom we could trust when Kavya met with that accident. We know that Shweta would take care of her like her sister. For Kavya and her child, we had to get Shweta into this mess.

We hope she won't hate us knowing our deeds. She doesn't even know that Preeti and I are engaged. I'm sure she's going to erupt like a volcano knowing this. But we don't have any other way out of it. We have to tell her everything now.

I hope everything ends smoothly!

***********************************************

Hey lovelies!!
I hope this chapter satisfies you all.

So Preeti and Kiran are engaged??!!
What do you think? How did this happen?

What is Kavya's problem exactly?

Comment your opinions!

See you all in the next chapter!