42.Emotions

Harish Pov

"Stop right there Harish" she was fuming in anger.
And I know this time she's serious.

She stood up and walked to me in full rage.

Am I a dead meat today?

"Hello" I didn't know what to say. So I just blabbered out.

"What do you mean by hello? You idiot! You ignored me for there freaking months and now you are just talking as if nothing happened? We literally met after so many years in hospital but the hell, you just avoided me there too.

You know I was in cloud when I met you here? But again, you ignored me. Do you know how much it hurts? Do you know how I felt alone? Do you know what I underwent? Did you even care to see it? Damn! Do you even care for me?" She spoke it all in a go and sat on her knees crying, cupping get face in her palms.

It hurts!

It hurts so much to set her cry. And it hurts even more to know that I'm behind it. I'm the reason for her tears.

I immediately went to get and held her hands, pulling it away from her face. But she held her hands strongly.

I sighed and .are her sit on the bed back. She immediately hugged her knees, rocking to and fro, avoiding my hand when ever I forward it to touch her.

"Shweta, please don't cry" I said, calming her down.

"How does that matter to you? You don't care about me right? You don't care about me, my feelings, my tears anything. So why all this acting?" She said, increasing my anger.

"Damn it! Who said I don't care for you? Do you even know what you are saying? Just get this straight into your head, I care for you Shweta, I care for you more than anyone else. I care for you more than myself" I shouted, banging my hand on the table.

I saw her popping her face up from her knee hold.
She flinched in horror. I scared her!

She again started crying uncontrollably and again burried her face in her knees, hugging them tightly.

I took a deep breath in to calm down. I went to her and sat near her on the bed. I held her hands, trying to remove her hands from hugging her knees, but she held them tight.

I held her hands tightly, yet delicately, not to hurt her. She was struggling to remove my grip but I forced her to unwrap the hug from her knees.

I kept her foot on the ground and saw her looking at her lap. I forwarded my hand and cupped her face. I raised her chin and made her look at me.

"I'm sorry" I said looking into her eyes, which were filled with tears. She was still looking at her lap, with tears threatening to spill down.

"I'm really sorry sweetheart" I said.

She suddenly hugged me tight. She held my nape, while my hand involuntarily went to her back, patting her to make her relax.

She was crying continuously and I let her cry as much as she wants. I know there are the tears she held back since the moment we met after years in the hospital.

I purposely ignored her and trust me, I had no idea that it'll affect her this bad.

I kept rubbing circles on her back and after few minutes, she calmed down.

She slowly removed the hug and continued looking at her lap. I held her chin with my thumb and made her look at me.

Her eyes were red and eyelashes were wet with her tears. Her Kajal was smudged a bit.

I rubbed her eyes with my thumb and erased the smudged Kajal.

She suddenly jerked my hand.

"You avoided me" she hit on my arm.

"Sorry" I apologized.

"You didn't talk to me since three months" she accused in a low voice, punching me again.

"I'm sorry" I apologized again in a low voice.

"You played with my feelings" she said.

"Sorry"

"You made me cry so much" she pinched me again.

"I'm sorry" I let her punch me as much as she wants.

"I was waiting for you but you never came" she said and a lone tear escaped her left eye.

"I'm so sorry" I said, wiping her tear with my right hand, while holding her  right hand with my left hand.

She started accusing me for everything she had gone through because of me and I accepted her delicate punches chanting a genuine sorry.

Slowly her punches changed into gentle pats and her voice lowered with every accusation while I kept whispering apologies to her, while my hand was around her waist, pulling her into my embrace. I stroke her hair, rubbing my hand on her back and she slowly relaxed.

After sometime, I removed my hand from her, going to the table to grab something to eat for her. But I stopped in the midway to find a delicate pull on my shirt.

I turned to see Shweta holding the sleeve of my shirt between her thumb and her forefinger, staring at her lap. I smiled and tried to remove her hold only to see her tightening it.

"I'm right here sweetheart. Let me get something for you to eat" I said and she reluctantly let go of my sleeve.

I smiled and quickly went to the table to find a plate full of sandwich. I mentally thanked my roommates for getting my dinner from the canteen.

I went to her with the plate on my hand. I took a piece of sandwich and held it close to her mouth and she took a bite without hesitation, which made me smile.

I wiped the remaining tears on her face with the back of my palm, while feeding her the sandwich. She suddenly shut her mouth, not taking the bite.

I made her look at me and raised my eyebrow, questioning her. She held my hand which had the sandwich. She kept it close to my mouth and I smiled widely. I took a bite and forwarded it to her mouth. She quickly took a bite and we completed our dinner.

I was about to keep the plate back on the table when she again held my sleeve.

"Sweetheart, I'm not going anywhere. Let me keep the plate there" she slightly nodded, still staring at the ground.

I went to her after placing the plate back on the table.

I made her look at me and wiped her tears away, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead.

I was about to make her lay on the bed, to get her some sleep when she stopped me.

"Harish, I want answers" she demanded.

I nodded my head, ready to answer her questions.

_________________________________________________

Hey readers!
Another early update!

The next one is the most anticipated one..will try to update fast, but no promises.

So did you like the chapter?

Vote, comment and share the book!

Have a great evening!

Love,
Menaka❤️