35.Fate

Harish Pov

"Ok fine, I'll participate in the cultural program. Now please don't be angry at me and eat this please" she pleaded.

I looked at her in surprise. She remembers?

Of course you idiot! My brain taunted.

Her eyes were pleading me to eat. I nodded and took the box from her.

I noticed a glint of disappointment in her face. She wants to feed me?

How I wish things were like earlier!
I would have been in cloud nine, leading her if this happened in the past.

I know that she wants to be there for me everytime. This was what I wanted and dreamt of.

But all thanks to my fate!

Why does it have to be so cruel with me? With us?

Does she love me?
Did she realise that she loves me?

I always knew the she was the one for me. I meant each and every word I said that day.

I was so glad that she shared her fears and problems with me. That very day I promised to myself to help her Anne make her an independent woman.

Now she's in front of me, standing in her own feat and I can't be more proud of her.

I know she's very talented and intelligent. But never in my wildest dreams did I think that she'll find the cure to the most dreadful disease which is eating up India.

She's like a hero today. I'm so proud of her. I love her, I love her smart brain, her mesmerising smile, her sparking eyes, her cute accent and basically anything and everything related to her.

But no more! I don't want this.

But still, I hate to tell this but she's the one who was always in my heart. She never left me, left my thoughts a single second.

I always wanted her by my side and now she's here, but I can't tell her what's in my mind, in my heart. That I love her and want her all to myself.

I don't want to drag her into this message. She's a beautiful girl with golden heart. She deserves much more than this crap. She deserves a simple and a peaceful life which she will never receive if she's with me.

She deserves a gentleman who will value her, who will give her all the love she wants, who will make her smile, who will be with her supporting her dreams, who will keep her safe and sound.

But I can't! I can't keep her safe. I can't protect her. My life is so much dangerous that I can't let her in.

I completed the toast she gave with, obviously making faces. She looked at me keenly, chuckling seeing my emotions.

She's so adorable!

I finished off the toast and gave him the box. She kept it on side and took he injection.

I turned my face to the other side but she held my chin and made me look at her. Her glare was so powerful that I couldn't dare to look anywhere else.

The smile on her lips was so contiguous. I had a tough time from pulling her in my arms.

Why Shweta? Why do you do this to me?

I don't want you to get hurt. Just go away! I don't want this! This is true torture, having her near me and ignoring her wantedly, knowing that she's getting hurt. But at least this is better than the suffering that she'll experience of she's with me.

"Done" she squealed like a child. She's truly my kid...oh yea...was my kid.

I saw that she already injected the medicine and I didn't feel a bit of pain! She surely has some magic in her.

She adjusted my pillow and I laid down on my bed again.

"I am been called to the head office. You take rest, I'll be here when you wake up" she smiled and I glared at her.

I broke my heart to see tears threatening to drop down. I can't be so sensible. I must make her go away from me.

Her expression changed for a moment but she masked it pretty well.

"Have a good sleep" she said and ran out of the room.

This is hell!

She's right in front of me and I can't take her. She's trying to get close to me, and I think she started liking me more than a friend and trust me this is the most happiest news ever. But not now, not when I can't believe in myself.

She's always been there on my highs and lows, in my thick and thin and I can't thank her enough. Now she's willing to be with me but I can't let her.

She's truly an angel, spreading happiness and smile wherever she goes. But I'm not that lucky to claim this angel as mine.

I'm sure I'll regret it in future, when I see her getting married to another guy, looking at him with love and adoration, smiling at him, hugging him tight, kissing him and having babies with...

Urghh!!

This is enough of torture. Just the thought of her being some one else's wife makes my blood boil.

I want her all to myself. But I can't afford to lose her. I know I should fight for her but there's no point fighting.

Even if I win the fight, I'll have to leave her anyway. So why breaking get heart?

It's better if I keep this feeling all to myself than letting her in, making her feel too and forcing her to go away.

Letting her in my life is the last thing I would wish for.

Entering my life is like commiting suicide. I don't want that.

All I can thank for is those precious two years of my life with my sweetheart. Every second I didn't with her was like a beautiful dream. I have nothing else left but cherish those moments till my last breath.

I have to let her go!

Because of my fate!

My own freaking FATE!

_________________________________________

Hey lovelies!

Here's is another update...I know it's boring but it's important to know Harish's feelings...

So what do you think about him..
Why does he blame his fate?
Is there anything that serious for which he's ready to let Shweta slip away?

Comment your opinions!

Love,
Menaka❤️