50. I know

Akshaya Pov

"Avinash!" I shouted his name and he halted his steps. He turned around to see me with weak eyes.

"What do you think you are doing?" I stopped him by his shoulders.

"I...I didn't want to make you uncomfortable. So I'm leaving from here. I won't come in front of you ever again. I'm sorry" he said, looking at the ground.

"Why do you always assume things?" I said and lifted his chin. He looked at my eyes which reflected his true love like a mirror.

"I.. I" he cut me off.

"Akshu, you might think that I have given you the permission to intern cause I was the one who interviewed you but trust me I did it in the right way and you totally deserved it. You are worth the place where you are standing now and you'll reach more heights soon. Please don't think that any of my actions as fake or something. I'm truly and madly in love with you. I don't know when I fell this hard for you but I'm sure I won't be able to come over it" he said, looking into my eyes.

I never knew he loves me so much. I..I    I don't know what to say. I'm completely on shock now. Should I accept it or I...I just don't know.

"Akshu, I know you need sometime to analyse everything and I'm gladly giving you time. It's absolutely ok if you don't like me back, it's just my bad luck. Whatever it may be I'll never be able to stop loving you" he kissed my forehead for one last time and exited my room.

I stood there still, trying to analyse what just happened. Is he ok if I don't love him? Is this how much he loves me? Why?
Why do I feel like crying?
Why do I feel so lonely?

"Akshu!" I heard someone calling me faintly but I was so involved in my thoughts that I didn't pay heed to it.

"Akshaya" Shweta snapped her fingers in front of me and that's when I came back to reality.

"Are you okay?" She asked me, pulling me to the chair on which he sat earlier. She made me sit on it and gave me a glass of water to drink. I gulped it all in a go and she kept looking at me for answers. I have to tell her now or she'll become a tigress.

"Umm.. actually Shweta, I knew Harish would come yesterday night to the pub. It was all our plan" I confessed and her jaw dropped.

I laughed a bit looking at her cute yet funny reaction but she glared at me and I stopped laughing.

"One of Avi's friends who is also a mutual friend of Harish called him and told him about you dancing with someone else. I had to make you do it so that my plan works. But I was pretty sure you would object it, so I too had to act all creep with a stranger to accompany you.

But I guess I was too much under the effect of alcohol that I wasn't able to push the guy I was dancing with. Suddenly he leaned on to kiss me and that's when Avi came into the seen. I gulped audibly seeing his angry face and mentally prepared myself to hear his scoldings. But what he did completely shook me to the core. He pushed me into a washroom and kissed me" I said looking at her face where she covered her mouth with her palms. I know this is shocking for her and even I was shocked at that moment, but as seconds passed by, I felt it good, I felt that it was supposed to happen and it is not wrong.

"He kissed me and I didn't know why I gave in. It just felt so good and comfortable to be in his arms, being kissed by him. Trust me Shweta, I felt my surrounding going blur and felt as if we were the only one in the world. I thought he did it in the heat of the moment and I didn't regret it. After sometime, he took me to my room, made me have something and put me to sleep. I guess I was holding him very tightly in my sleep that he didn't find a way to get out of my grip and we both slept in eachother's arms.