62.Happy? Not happy?

Preeti Pov

I clearly understood that I was so dumb to think that Yash is a traitor. He's such a gentleman. He forgave us in no time. I also saw how much he loves Kavya and Pranav. I'm so happy that Kavya has someone who loves her so much unlike me.

Kiran!

The man I loved the most in my life apart from my dad. I loved him with all my heart and all he did was break my heart.

I remember when we met and how I promised him to walk throughout my life holding his hand.

(Past in italics)

On his birthday, after we kidnapped him and celebrated his birthday in a simple yet beautiful way, I planned to confess my love for him. I arranged everything necessary for it. I was searching for him and entered the pub across only to see my earth beneath me slipping away.

There he was, dancing with another girl, with his hands on her waist and her hands around his nape. I felt myself burning inside. For a minute, I hated myself for loving a person like him but yet I couldn't hate him. Will her never understand my true love?

After that day, o completely avoided him. Though I didn't act weird in front of my friends, I mentally made sure not to fall for him again. My highschool days passed by with great difficulty.

After our high school got over, we lost contact of eachother. But still I couldn't get over Kiran. I tried to get along with other boys to. Many tried to hit on me but never I felt the way Kiran made me feel. It was like an addiction.

But like everyone says any addiction is bad. Likewise me bring addicted to him was also bad. I couldn't think of anything normally.

I was living like a zombie until one day I was run down by a car in a highway. I was bleeding to death when I saw Kiran running towards me. I smiled looking at him after so many months and that was the last thing my mind registered before I passed out.

The next time I opened my eyes was when I sat in the hospital. I felt my arm aching very badly and my shaft being bandaged. What surprised me was to see Kiran sleeping near my bed with his head resting on his hand, on the bed. He seemed sleep deprived, his hair was messy and his eyes had huge eye bags below them.

For a moment my heart skipped a beat thinking about his care towards me. Did he actually stay with me for taking care of me?

I was in my dream land when his eyes shuttered open. I quickly shut my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I heard him shifting comfortably on the chair. He sat still, observing me with his keen gaze. I felt the environment turning hot and I could no longer keep my eyes shut. I wanted to ask him why he was looking at me like that.

Thankfully someone entered the room that time.

"Thank you beta(son)! I'll take care now, you go" my mom said.

There was complete silence until the door opened again and I guess the doctor entered in.

"How is she? Did she wake up?" The doctor asked.

"No doc, she didn't. Is she alright? You told that she'll wake up within 24 hours" Kiran spoke I'm his restless tone.

"No need to worry Mr. Kiran, let me check her" the doctor said and checked my heartbeat and my pulse and I was still acting to be unconscious.

"She's normal now. She'll wake up within an hour or so, no need to worry" the doctor said.

"Aunty, I think you're still sleepy. I bet you didn't sleep the whole night thinking about her. So go and eat something and get a coffee. Till then I'll take care of her" I heard Kiran saying.