61.New member in the gang

Yash Pov

"Somebody has come to meet you" the jail warden said as I was laying down on my not so soft bed.

I miss Kavya so much. All I can think of is her beautiful face, her soft and melodic voice, her cute antics, her kindness, the time we spent together and the love that we shared.

I love her to death. She's the only woman in my life who made me feel alive and happy. All she has to do is smile and that makes my day. She's the most beautiful girl I have ever met.

I was in cloud nine when I heard about Pranav from Harish. Tears clouded my eyes by just thinking about Pranav. He's my blood, my flesh. He's the proof of mine and Kavya's love.

I couldn't wait but just hold him in my arms, feed him tackling all his antics, carry him on my shoulders to fairs, teach him everything I know, watch cartoons with him and just love him just like how I love his mother.

When we crossed our line what night, all I cared was about Kavya. I was worried about my reputation in front of her. Any girl will feel very insecure at that point but I promised my Kavya not to leave her ever and I don't have any intention to break that promise ever in my life. Whatever it is, she'll always be mine and only mine.

Harish and Dhanush complained about me and put me in jail. I don't blame them. It's very confidential and that's the reason I couldn't tell them. I'm sure if I would have told them, they would have killed all those criminals with their bare hands. Since it was a very confidential case given by Field Marshal himself, I couldn't open my mouth about it at any circumstances. I tried to contact him when I was in jail but failed.

Later one day Harish came to visit me. That's when he told me that his father died and he came to know that we are cousins. I already knew it long back as I tracked the person who supported my family financially when we were in our hard days. I was glad to know that I have an uncle and a cousin. I told him all that happened including my plan.

Harish apologized to me and I forgave him in an instant. After such a long time, I'm getting someone to call as a family. All I have is my mom. My dad was a useless person. My parents had a love marriage against the wish of their parents. Trust me, if I would have been in that place, even I would have opposed it. My dad was a drunkard and an illegal drug dealer. I tried to stop him. My mom even blackmailed him but he used to hit mom. He tortured us and all I had is my mom.

I promised myself to keep mom happy when I stay earning. I always had this craze for Indian army. My mom luckily let me follow my heart and I soon became a general. I also found my life in the form of Kavya. She gave me happiness and love I carved for ears. My mom was very happy to hear about Kavya. She wanted to make her daughter in law very soon. I also got two new friends Harish and Dhanush through her. I was also perfect in my job. My mission was almost over, I just had to collect some proofs against them and I'm done with it. I was very happy those days but god had some other plans for me. I was put in bars.

After I came out on bail through Harish, he advised me to claim for Pranav. I thought it was a good idea since Kavya will also come back to me but my plan didn't work. Her friends again got me arrested. What surprised me was I could never get angry at them. In fact, I cherished their friendship. I always wanted a true friend like them and hopefully I get it.

I stood up and walked to the door. The jailor unlocked the door and led me to the visitor's room. The room way guarded by ten cops all around. The jailor asked me to get in and he shut the door behind me.

I was shocked to see Shweta sitting there with five other people. They all stood up looking at me and I smiled warmly at them. Their face held nothing but hurt and guilt. I wish Kavya was also here. I miss her so much!