14.Reveal

Kavya POV

"Harish is not my husband Shweta. He's like my brother"
I said lowering my head. I couldn't take it anymore. I treat Harish bhai just like my own brother.

He was my brother's friend. They both were in army. He was like a part of my family.

"Kavya, what are you saying?" Shweta asked me lifting my chin up.

I looked at her with fear in my eyes. She's always been my best friend and my life saviour. I can't stand her hated and disgust towards me. I hope she doesn't hate me after knowing my past.

I know all these things that happened to me were due to situation but still, I can't force her to believe me right? I don't want her to think that I'm characterless.

"Kavya, speak your heart out. Don't need to hid it anymore. You have me by your side. If you are thinking that I'll not be your friend after hearing out your past, then you are wrong. I promise I won't judge you Kavya. Come on, just release all those tensions and pressure you have stored on your heart" she said patting my shoulder calming me down.

How lucky I am to get a friend like her. Harish bhai is right, she is absolutely a gem.

"Shweta, my parents died when I was young. I only had my brother with me when I grew up. He's always been like another best friend to me. He's never restricted me or forced me to do anything which I didn't like.

Though, the loss of my parents was unbearable for both of us, my brother Dhanush, overcame that just because of me. He always cheered me up whenever I lost hope. I was very close to my mom. Their car crash was like a nightmare to me.

Generally I'm very sensitive. So I couldn't take the news of my parents death that casually. My brother came back to normal within a couple of months. But it took me two long years to lead a normal life.

Priya was always by my side. She was my neighbour back then. We knew each other since childhood. She's always got my side no matter what. We know every thing about each other.

After 6 months of my parents death, my brother got an interview application from the Indian Army. He always wanted to get into army and fight for the country. He was very patriotic and grew up listening to all the sacrifices of the military people. He was very determined to become a soldier since he was 6.

He was overwhelmed when he was called for the interview. But knowing the reality, he decided to drop the idea. He wanted to stay with me and fill the place of my parents. He knows that I can't stay alone after such a huge lose and wants someone by my side.

But as a sister, I can't just sit and watch my brother's dreams getting shattered because of me. So I acted like I'm normal and fine. I acted like I overcame my parents lose. But, since he knew me very well, he caught me red handed.

I somehow managed to convince him that I'm perfectly fine although I was shaking form inside. Yet, he wasn't ready to leave me. I begged him, forced him and even threatened him to leave me and persue his dream, but still he was adamant.

I, having left with no choice, had to act like I started to hate him. I hurted him intentionally. I scolded him and even spoke harshly with him. Everytime I used to speak rudely, I saw tears dropping down from his eyes which broke my heart too much. But like everytime, I convinced myself saying that it was for my brother's benefit.

But this didn't last long. One day, I was acting very madly at him and he was deeply hurt. He caught my wrist tightly and slapped me hard. I broke down into tears.

He immediately hugged me and I placed my head on his chest crying out loudly."

Flashback....