69.Hurt

Shweta Pov

Preeti and Kiran's wedding was very grand and went very well. I was so happy for them. They both loved each other so much and I doubt they'll be able to control their hormones any longer. It is almost a month and a half since they married and they're on their honeymoon.

Yash was also out of the bars. Tarun hit him out. He said that he'll convince Kavya and let her know the truth. I kept saying that she is adamant and will never listen to him but he wants to give her time. He let her go to UK and persuade her dream. He truly loved her and is confident to say that he's love for her will bring her back. I can't help but smile at him.

Tarun and Priya are enjoying as a couple. Tarun and Kiran are planning for some partnership and Priya is doing her fashion designing very well. She wants to set up her own clothing line after her graduation.

Ritu and Adi is also becoming close day by day. I can see how Ritu looks at him and gets jealous when he speaks to another girl. Gosh! This girl is totally head over heels for him but her stubbornness never admits it. Adi confessed to me that he loves Ritu and even wants to talk to his parents about it. He already spoke to her mother and got her permission. I can't wait to be another bridesmaid.

"Dear, where are you lost? Thinking about someone?" Akshaya spoke, shaking my hand. She came to my cabin to discuss a patient's case when I spaced out.

"I'm sorry" I immediately apologized.

"No need, are you okay?" She asked me.

"Actually I want to ask you something" I stammered.

"You can ask me anything" she said.

"Don't you fell anything for Avi?" I asked her directly and her eyes widened at me. I told her that I'll give time and will never take up this topic but after seeing Avi yesterday, I can't help but ask her.

"I don't know... I..." She stammered too.

"Let's go to the cafeteria" I pulled her to the café and we ordered a sandwich for lunch.

"You know that Avi is going to New York for some work for a month?" I asked her and she nodded, looking at her fingers, resting on her lap.

"I met him yesterday" I told her and she looked at me. She raised her eyebrows at me but never spoke anything.

"You are avoiding him since Preeti's wedding, what's wrong with you?" I almost busted at her. She was taken aback by my action and gestured me to calm down.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself. The state in which I saw Avi made me very sad and knowing that Akshu is the one behind it, I can't control myself.

"I don't know Shweta. I'm not in my right mind. I need time, I can't understand anything" she said.

"Do you know how I saw him yesterday? He was completely drunk. He almost met with an accident yesterday when he was driving drunk. He hit a pole on road and fell unconscious there. Thankfully someone admitted him in the nearby hospital and called me since he spoke to me last. I met him in the hospital and he got his head bandaged. His arm has bruises and he's in his worst state ever" I almost shouted at her, causing everyone to look at us. She closed her mouth with her palms in shock and her eyes widened.

I felt embarrassed a bit. I chirped a sorry to everyone and they went back to their work. Akshu was still in shock.

"Akshu" I called her.

"I..I never knew he'll be affected that much. I don't understand my own self. I don't know whether I love him or not. I can't pin point what I feel for him. I needed time to realise my feelings. I needed some space. I'm at fault for leaving him hanging but I never know he'll... he'll..me..meet.." she cried as she face palmed herself.

I shifted close to her and hugged her from side.

"I understand you Akshu. At least you could have said that you need time, he would have understood. You shouldn't have just ignored him. He kept blabbering about you. He's too much into you that he can't stand ignores by you. You're the first girl in his life whom he loves so much. He's very weak mentally now. Please visit him once and tell him what you exactly feel. He won't force you but don't leave him without a world" I advised her and she nodded.

Just then our orders were placed and I took a bite of my sandwich while she kept staring at hers.

"Akshu, eat now. You being hungry won't change anything that happened" I fed her a bite and he ate it hesitatingly.

"I never meant to hurt him" she chocked.

I patted her back, giving a glass of water. She gulped it greedily and tears flowed down her eyes. I shouldn't have told her about Avi now.

"I'm sorry Akshu, I shouldn't have told anything now. I should have taken you directly to him" I said and she shook her head.

"I'm at fault Shweta, not you. I was so selfish to think just about myself. I didn't care about him and now he's in the hospital bed because of me. That's so selfish of me" she started blaming herself. I tried consoling her but all in vain.

"Why don't you meet him and apologize?" She suddenly looked at me and stayed silent for a while till nodding at me with a sad smile.

"Come, let's go. We'll be back before our lunch break ends" I dragged her to my car and we started off.