4. Girlfriends

Extra practice for an hour and a half after class is Riley, Smackle, and I's punishment for skipping Saturday's class. I'm attempting to get down my fouette turns when a voice makes me stumble out of form and right onto my ass.

"Sorry" Josh says with a laugh as he rushes inside to help me up. I graciously accept the hand and stand up beside him, brushing off my tights.

"Thanks though in all seriousness I wouldn't have fallen had you not shown up" I point out making him chuckle as he nods in agreement.

"Point taken gorgeous" he says sweetly making a blush rise on my cheeks at the nickname. "So why are you and the girls still here? Doesn't morning practice end at 8?"

He was right. Morning practice was at seven in the morning and ran until eight so that we had plenty of time to get ready for our academic classes that started at ten before our hip hop class and jazz class at two and three, running until four o'clock in the afternoon.

"Um I was a little hungover on Saturday" I reply as I grab the towel hanging on the bar beside me, rubbing it against my forehead to sop up the sweat.

"I remember" he replies playfully, obviously remembering finding me in the bathroom, a complete mess on Saturday morning. "But uh" he adds awkwardly as the door to the studio opens and a flash of raven hair appears complete with sparkling brown eyes. She was clad in the basic ballerina outfit, a black bodysuit, pale pink tights, and a wrap that covers her chest.

"I was told the studio would be free" she snips as she places her hand protectively on Josh's shoulder, I fight the urge to let my eyes wander to focus on it.

"We were told to stay after" I reply honestly as she scoffs, throwing her hair over her shoulder.

"Well I need the studio" she replies as she glance up at Josh, "well" she giggles, "we need the studio" she adds as she moves her hand down his arm. This time my eyes to follow her hand and I watch as she clasps it with Josh's. A smirk evident on her face as I look back up at her.

"We were just finishing up" Riley says, coming up behind me with my duffel bag. "Josh" she says coldly.

"See ya" I sigh as I push past the two of them, closely followed by Riley and Smackle. We don't say a word on our walk back to the dorms. Riley and I head to our room and I immediately head for my dresser, pulling out a dark purple v-neck and a pair of white shorts.

"Where are you going?" Riley questions.

"I'm gonna go take a quick shower before we head to class" I explain as I grab a bra and underwear, adding them to my pile of clothing. "I'll be back" I say as she nods, sitting down on her bed as I slip out of our room.

I head into the bathroom, letting the water wash away my anger towards the annoying brunette who Josh can't seem to stay away from. I finish my shower and wrap my towel around myself, stepping out from the stall.

I quickly get dressed and make my way to head back to my dorm, opening the door at the same time someone is trying to walk in from the other side.

"Shit" Josh mutters as he steps back.

"Oh my god" I exclaim as I pull open the door and move towards the stunning brunette. "Josh are you okay?" I ask as I reach him.

"Fine" he laughs lightly, "don't you have class in like five minutes?"

"Didn't you just have the world's shortest practice?" I question as I stare up at him intrigued. "How long did you spend in there? Five minutes?"

"She knew" he says as my eyebrows furrow in confusion making him continue before I can say another word, "she knew you and the girls were in there. Miss Laine had it on the schedule. I didn't know, which is why I showed up anyway. I guess she was walking in the hall and saw us" he trails off as my eyes narrow at him.