34. Reality

I wake the next morning to the sound of voices seemingly in Josh's bedroom. My eyes flutter open and I realize that I'm still lying on the couch. I sit up and look over to find Josh fast asleep beside me. "Morning kiddo" my dad chuckles as he walks by the couch on his way to the kitchen.

"Hey" I whisper in return.

"Did you fall asleep?" Riley giggles as she moves to sit on the arm of the couch beside me.

"We were watching a movie" I reply with a yawn. "We must've fallen asleep. How are you this morning honey?"

"I'm okay" she shrugs. "I'm kinda bummed to be going home today."

"It's been fun" I agree, "but" I smirk, "aren't you a little excited to be able to hang out with Lucas. Alone" I add in a whisper making a blush rise on her cheeks.

"Maybe" she admits making me giggle. "What about you? It took you and Josh awhile to get downstairs yesterday morning" she says expectantly.

"No comment" I reply as a blush rises on my own cheeks while Josh stirs beside me.

"Why is everyone in my room?" he groans making me giggle as moves around on the couch to try and get comfortable.

"We fell asleep" I explain. "We're in the living room."

"Ugh" he groans. "I miss my dorm" he adds as he opens his eyes.

"I don't" I scoff. "I have been enjoying my break from all that drama" I add seriously as Josh sits up and wipes the sleep from his eyes.

"I didn't mean campus in general I just meant my specific dorm. My own space."

"You complain an awful lot" Morgan points out as she walks into the room from the kitchen with a mug of coffee in her hands. "What time are you kiddos hitting the road?"

"I'm not sure" I shrug. "It all depends on what time my dad wants to get going."

"Actually" my dad says as he walks back into the room with his own cup of coffee in his hands. "I'm gonna be heading to Greenwich with Cory and Topanga today. I'm gonna stay with them for a couple days before heading back home. I figure you can just get a ride with Josh back to campus. Unless you're really set on spending more time with me" he adds with a chuckle.

I gnaw my bottom lip, "are you sure?" I ask worriedly. "I see him all the time. I don't want you to think I don't want to spend time with you" I add as I stand up and walk towards him.

"Kiddo" he chuckles. "It's fine" he assures me. "So you are all free to leave whenever you want" he adds, "oh and breakfast is ready." I chuckle as I look back towards my boyfriend.

"Food then back to campus?"

"Sounds good to me" he smiles as he stands up and takes my hand in his before following me towards the kitchen.

*************************************************************************************

"Are you sure you have everything?" Amy asks Josh for the millionth time while we all stand around his car waiting for me and him to leave. Lucas had already picked up Riley up about twenty minutes ago and once Josh and I were done dealing with our clingy families we would be hitting the road.

"Yes mom" he chuckles. "I have everything I need."

"Okay" she gives as she leans in for a hug. "I'm gonna miss you so much kiddo."

"Mom I'm gonna be home in a few weeks. There's only three weeks left in the semester and then I'll be home for an entire month" he reminds her as they pull apart.