9. Dating

"What are you doing here?" Josh asks confused as he stares wide-eyed at his parents.

"Morgan didn't tell you?" his mother asks him. "Why am I not even surprised?" she mutters in annoyance. "Your sister is going to be in a performance of A Midsummer's Night Dream, she was the understudy but the lead got the flu so your sister is stepping in."

"Uh huh" Josh says, "but why are you here?" he asks confused. "And not at a hotel?"

"We're on the way" his mom waves him off, "but we wanted to surprise you."

"Yea well I'm surprised" he replies.

"So are we" his mom says, "who is this?" she questions as she points to me.

To be honest I was pretty sure this was going to the question that told me if I was going to give this thing with Josh a shot or not.

"This is Maya" Josh says, "she's Shawn's daughter" he explains, making my heart drop. I guess that was the end of, "and she's kinda my girlfriend. I think. Maybe" he says as his eyes land on mine. My heart flips in my chest and I think I might die from happiness.

"Oh" his dad says, "Shawn has told us a lot about you" he says with a smile. "And you must be the girl that Morgan was telling us about, the one that Josh was crazy about."

"You should come tomorrow" his mom exclaims. "Riley too, I know you're close, you'll let her know won't you?"

"Of course" I smile, "could she bring her boyfriend?" I ask curiously. I knew she'd want Lucas there and I wasn't quite sure how else to describe him.

"I don't see why not. Morgan gave us tons of tickets" his mom smiles. "Well we're gonna head out. It's nice to see you darling" she says as she kisses Josh's cheek.

"See you tomorrow son" his dad says before the two of them leave. Josh ushers me back into his room and locks the door.

"I'm really sorry that my family has no sense of time" he apologizes making me giggle.

"It's okay" I laugh, "but uh" I add as I take a step towards him. "What am I exactly?" I ask playfully.

"Penelope" he says making me giggle as he caresses my cheek. "Will you be my girlfriend?" he asks making my heart swell as I nod.

"Of course Gabriel" I smirk making him chuckle as his lips come back to meet mine.

*************************************************************************************

I wake up the next morning and I almost fall out of the bed in a panic before I remember that I'm in Josh's room instead of my own. The reminder slows down my heart rate a little bit as I turn onto my side to gaze down at the handsome brunette asleep on the futon.

My phone buzzes beside me and I grab it, finding a text from Riley.

RILES: How was your night with my uncle?????

I roll my eyes playfully as I look down at Josh before texting her back.

MAYA: Fine. He's still asleep

RILES: Anything happen????

MAYA: Are you asking me if I slept with your uncle?

RILES: Did you????

MAYA: NO!

MAYA: But I did become his girlfriend J

RILES: OMG PEACHES!!!!! YOU SHOULD'VE STARTED WITH THAT!!!!