6. Clubbing

I wake up on Friday morning to the sounds of girls screeching, running past my door. "What the hell?" I moan in annoyance as I sit up and look around the bedroom. Nothing was on fire so that was a good sign.

Riley was still fast asleep in her bed and I figure I can wake her up if we need to be evacuated. I climb out of bed and rush over to the door, pulling it open and seeing a flock of girls in the hallway gathering around a poster at the end of the hall.

"What's going on?" I ask as I rub the sleep from my eyes, walking over to Smackle who's seemingly only clad in a robe. I couldn't help but wonder what or more importantly who she may have been doing before the intrusion.

"The list of the plays for the semester just got posted" she shrugs. "Some girl saw it on her way to the shower this morning and decided she needed to wake up the entire floor" she adds, a tinge of annoyance in her voice.

"Well what are they?" I ask, suddenly extremely interested in what I could audition for.

"I don't know" she shrugs, "I can't get close enough to look" she adds as I shake my head, pushing my way through the crowd to the front so I can get a good look at the list.

December: Swan Lake

February: Cinderella

April: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

"I didn't even know that was a ballet" I hear over my shoulder making me immediately spin to lock eyes with the person behind me. The crowd seems to have dissipated while I was reading the list and now it's just me.

And Josh.

"What?" I ask, my eyes lingering on his bare chest. His body was perfect, you'd think he was a dancer with that body, but I guess it made sense since he was a rock star. Didn't they always take their shirts off? I wondered what it would feel like to have him lift me, he probably wouldn't drop me like some of the kids would in my dance classes growing up.

"Alice in Wonderland" he says, pointing behind me at the list. "I had no idea that was thing."

"Oh um yea" I reply, finding my sanity and bringing my eyes back to his. "I uh actually" I add running my fingers through my hair, "that's my favorite book" I smile.

"Really?" he asks, "wanted to escape down the rabbit hole?" he asks playfully making me chuckle.

"Something like that" I reply, "what are you doing here?" I ask curiously when suddenly Sophie's dorm door opens and she steps out wearing Josh's shirt.

"Joshie" she coos making my blood run cold as I piece together why Josh was in the girl's wing. He was in Sophie's room.

"You should probably get back to her" I mutter as I brush past him.

"Maya" he says, catching my wrist.

"Something you need?" I snip making him let go of me as he brings his hand up to rub his neck.

"No" he says softly as he lets me return to my room. I close the door behind me, bracing myself against it as Riley's head pops up over the covers.

"What happened?" she asks worriedly.

"Do you think Sophie knows how to keep her hands to herself" I ask as she shakes her head and pulls back her comforter, waving me over. I walk over to her bed and climb in next to her.

"I love you peaches" she says sweetly as she hugs me.

"Love you too honey."

*************************************************************************************