5. Morgan

I crash at Zay's on Monday but by the end of the following day Riley has calmed herself down and has allowed me back into our dorm. Class is endless as always but it's just a little past five and the two of us are sitting in our room working on homework.

"I know I shouldn't but I like him" Riley mutters sadly. "I'm trying not to but" she trails off frustrated.

"But it's impossible" I fill in, turning around my chair to look at her. "Yea I feel that" I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "But look" I give. "In Lucas' defense he was pissed at Missy on Monday."

"Not enough to end things. Did you see them at breakfast this morning? I'm pretty sure he spent more time with his tongue in her mouth than eating his pancakes."

"Honey eventually he's gonna come to his senses."

"So will my uncle" she smiles softly. "I saw it a little on Monday. He and Sophie aren't lasting past the end of the month I guarantee it."

"So what if they don't? It doesn't mean he likes me" I laugh lightly, running my fingers through my hair.

"Mhm" she replies, a smirk on her face.

"What? He doesn't" I protest. "And you've made it quite clear that even if he did" I trail off as she shakes her head.

"We've both been pretty adamant on that fact that we don't like each other's crushes" she sighs, "but we're also been pretty adamant in the fact that it's impossible to stop liking someone" she adds seriously.

"So what?" I ask curiously.

"So let's just agree that at the end of the day we only want each other to be happy."

"Meaning if you end up with Lucas and I somehow end up with Josh that it's okay as long as we're happy?" I question as she nods.

"As long as we're happy" she agrees making a smile pull at my lips.

"Okay" I give, "you ready to head to bed? We have a big day tomorrow."

"My aunt is coming" she smiles, "she's gonna love you" she insists as she walks over to her bed and climbs in while I do the same.

"And if she doesn't?" I question.

"Then she's crazy" she replies as she reaches over for the light. "Night Peaches."

"Night Riles."

*************************************************************************************

"Hello" I hear the next morning, waking me up before the sun even comes up. I moan in annoyance as I turn over in my bed to face Riley's side of the room.

"Riley go answer the door."

"Me?" she mutters in her sleep. "Why me?"

"You're closest to the door" I remind her as the knocking begins again.

"Riley come on" the voice says as Riley pops out of bed.

"It's Morgan" she exclaims happily, flipping on the lights as she climbs out of bed and throws open our door. "Aunt Morgan" she shouts, throwing her arms around the petite woman.

"Hey kiddo" she replies happily as she hugs Riley tightly. "It's so good to see you."

"You too Aunt Morgan" she says as she backs away from her. "This is my best friend Maya by the way" she adds as she closes the door behind her aunt.

"Maya Hunter" she smiles as her eyes lock on me. "Shawn's girl."

"The very one" I reply happily, running my fingers through my hair. "Step girl anyway" I chuckle.