23. Back

We wake up early to head back to campus. The car ride isn't awful but the thought of going back to school tomorrow was one that I wasn't too thrilled about. Especially having to deal with my project with Zay. I know he's going to make my life a living hell and I was definitely not in the mood for his shit. When we pull up to campus we all pile out of the car and Josh walks around to the back to get our bags. I soundlessly follow the two of them inside and to Riley and I's dorm room. Josh opens the door and places my bag on my bed. He turns to face me as Riley plops down onto her bed. "You gonna be okay?" he asks worriedly as he wanders over to me and places his arms on my arms. I take a deep breath and nod.

"Mhm" I smile softly. He reaches out to caress my cheek and leans into kiss me.

"You gonna stay here or you wanna come back to my room?" he asks curiously. I look over at Riley who's already drifted off to sleep and chuckle.

"I think I'm gonna take a nap" I reply.

"Me too" he admits. "I'm exhausted. You're more than welcome to sleep in my room though" he adds. I think it over but decide against it.

"I think I'll just stay here" I insist. "I miss my bed."

"Okay" he smiles. "If you change your mind you have a key" he adds making me chuckle. "I love you."

"I love you too" I reply as I lean back in for another kiss. We part and he leaves the room. I walk over to my bed and begin to unpack my things. I put my dirty clothes in my hamper and put away some of the other personal items I had brought along. Once I'm all unpacked I decide to take a quick shower before my nap. I grab a towel and my shower caddy before yanking open my door and walking across the hallway to the bathroom. I climb into one of the shower stalls and turn it on, letting the water wash away the last of the tears I've been crying for the last few days. I finish up and climb out of the shower at the same time Zay walks in. "Oh" he says in shock, his eyes widening. I was glad I had learned to wrap my towel around myself before stepping out of the shower.

"Isaiah" I say politely as I brush past him but he follows.

"Where have you been?" he asks quickly.

"Family stuff" I shrug as I grab my brush and pull it through my long blonde locks.

"Family stuff?" he questions. "Really? Then why was Josh gone too?" he asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

"It's none of your business" I snap. "God" I moan in annoyance. "I'm so sick of you" I add as I turn to face him. "We were friends and you decided to have sex with the devil. Good for you, I hope the sex is phenomenal." I turn to leave but he catches my wrist.

"Maya hold on a sec."

"No" I snap as I break from his hold, "what the fuck could you possibly have to-." He cuts me off by pressing a kiss to my lips. I immediately step back and stare at him wide eyed. "What the hell?"

"I'm sorry."

"Zay what the hell was that?" I ask, stunned in place.

"I had been hooking up with Sophie for a while. I knew she was with Josh but I liked her so I didn't really give a shit. Then I met you and at first it was fun. You liked Josh and I thought maybe if I helped the two of you hook up then I could have Sophie to myself but she was still hung up on him. I gave up thinking she'd ever love me" he sighs. "But you" he says as he steps towards me. I step back. "You cared."

"Cared" I clarify. "Not anymore and not ever again. You and that bitch have made my life a living hell you do realize that right?" I check. "You told my mom all of the bad things I've done" I begin to cry. "You told her awful things about me" I quickly try to wipe my tears. "And she died" I add making his eyes widen. "She died mad at me because of the decisions I was making here that you and Sophie thought it would be fun to showcase. Everything is a game to the two of you" I exclaim. "This is my life" I shout. "And you sit here and say you care about me? Josh cares. Josh was there from the moment my life came crumbling down while you sat back and taunted me about my attendance."