44. Checking

I feel Josh's lips brush against my forehead and I groan as my eyes flutter open and meet his sparkly blues. "No" I whine causing his lips to tug into a frown as he brushes my hair out of my face.

"I know" he sighs. "I'll only be gone for three days and then-then I'll be back and lying right here in this bed with you." Josh had broken the news of his business trip about two days after my birthday and to say I was less than thrilled would be an understatement. I knew that they'd be discussing the album and the tour and while I was incredibly proud I was also incredibly terrified of the inevitable.

"Three days is too long" I complain making him chuckle as he grabs my waist and pulls me closer. His lips find mine and I kiss him back eagerly, the illogical part of my mind convincing me that if I trap him here he won't be able to go. I deepen the kiss and he hungrily kisses me back, hiking up the t-shirt that was hanging loosely on my figure. I giggle as he flips us so he's on top of me and I'm looking up at him and he smiles.

"You know I am going to miss you" he says, caressing my cheek. "I wish I could bring you with me but Bridget's being annoying about it."

I quirk my lips to the side in thought. "Do you think maybe she doesn't like me?" I ask, voicing my concern. "I mean, you being in a serious relationship probably isn't exactly the brand she'd like the biggest up and comer to have. Rock stars are supposed to be these gods who can make women fall to their knees with the simple sound of their voice...you won't even look at another girl long enough to make her weak in the knees."

He shrugs. "I don't know nor do I care. There are millions of agents out there in the world and if she ever asks me to break up with you she'll be the one out the door, not you" he says pointedly. "My career is only a part of my life, it's not the whole thing."

"Mkay" I hum. "I love you, you know that right?" I ask softly and he smiles, that large, breathtaking grin as he nods his head.

"I love you more" he argues, leaning down to peck my lips. "So, so much more than you'll ever know' he adds softly as we pull apart and my heart swells. "Help me with my bags?"

"After I put on some pants" I giggle making him chuckle as he nods in agreement.

"Absolutely. No one gets to see your fine ass but me" he smirks, pecking my lips one last time before climbing off the bed.

*************************************************************************************

It's been a total of fourty-seven minutes since my boyfriend left and while I miss him it's not that bad. I leave his room, packing up a few of my things since I won't be staying here this weekend and head back to my usual dorm. I push open the door and am thankful to find my best friend clothed and alone in her bed; the last thing I wanted to do was walk in on her and Lucas this early in the morning.

I gather my leggings and camisole and throw them in my bag before grabbing my shower caddy and heading off to the bathroom to take a quick shower before practice. Upon entering the bathroom I find that there's no noises resonating from the echoing space meaning that for the first time in a long time I can enjoy my shower in peace.

I wander over to the showers and step inside, stripping down before turning on the water. My eyes flutter shut as the warm water unties the knots in my muscles and soothes the aches and pains that come with being a dancer. Sometimes I wish I had a bathtub so I could go to Lush and treat myself to some bath bombs to later come home with and relax but then I remind myself that a communal bathtub is grimier than a communal shower.

Once I finish my shower I step out and change into my outfit before wandering over to the mirror to brush out my long blonde locks and throw them up into a bun on top of my head with the ties that Josh bought for me on my birthday.