55. Missing

"I. Can't. Get. This. Thing. To. Close" I complain as I push down on my suitcase while it refuses to shut. Roley laughs, standing beside her tower of perfectly organized boxes and bags. She was a pro at this moving out thing while I had thrown everything everywhere and vowed to organize it before I headed off on tour tomorrow.

"Maybe if you hadn't shoved every outfit you own into it" she laughs. I glare at her and she rolls her eyes in amusement as she walks towards me and motions to the top of my suitcase. "Hop up" she insists. I sigh, jumping on top of my bed and climbing on top of my suitcase. Riley carefully maneuvers it shut from my added weight and I raise my hands in victory.

"Yes! God I love you" I exclaim as I hop down. She rolls her eyes at me.

"Mhm, save it for your boyfriend" she teases. I laugh as a knock sounds on my door.

"Hey beautiful" Lucas says as he walks in. Riley's face breaks into a grin as she walks towards her boyfriend, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Hey baby" she murmurs, kissing his lips as my phone blares on my nightstand. I dive across the bed and grab it, bringing it to my ear without looking to see who was calling.

"Hello" I answer.

"I'm downstairs and I can't find a spot to park" my dad says and I sigh. I had figured it would be awful trying to find a place to park since everyone was moving out today.

"Just pull up next to the sidewalk. They can't tow your car if you're in it and it's running. I'll get Lucas to help me bring my stuff down" I add. He shoots me a glare and I laugh. "See you in a few" I add before hanging up the phone and turning towards the cowboy expectantly. "So?"

"You're lucky I love you" he huffs. I clap my hands excitedly as he begins to help me with my bags. I reach for my cosmetic case and I'm on the verge of hoisting it onto my shoulder when my phone begins to ring again.

"Seriously" I huff. I dig my phone out of my pocket and my eyes widen when Josh's name stares back at me. Lucas looks over my shoulder and smiles.

"Have you told him you're coming yet?" he asks and I sigh, declining his call.

"No! I want it to be a surprise and if I tell him before I get there then that won't be very surprising now will it?" I ask and he rolls his eyes as I turn my attention back to my stuff. "Now come on before my dad gains the attention of local law enforcement."

We make it downstairs and the three of us manage to get everything loaded in before my dad gets a ticket. I'm standing outside the car door, knowing I should climb in bit finding it nearly impossible to move. "Promise me you'll visit when you come to Austin" Riley insists and I nod in agreement as I pull her in for a hug. This summer apart was going to be horrible but we were both in serious relationships now and that meant that we were beginning to put more effort into those blossoming relationships.

"I'll miss you. You better call me every day!"

"You know I will."

"Ladies it's less than a month before the Texas show. This isn't forever" Lucas laughs, wrapping his arm around Riley's waist.

"We know" I shoot back. "And don't worry Huckleberry. I'll miss you too."

He smiles as I pull him in for a hug before stepping back and taking a long, shaky breath. "Behave you two" I tease making them laugh as I open the car door and climb in. I put my seatbelt on and wave out the window as my dad puts the car in drive. "Bye" I shout as we drive off campus.

"Done with freshman year. How's it feel?" my dad asks and I sigh. So much had changed this year, it was hard to believe that it was all actually over.