14. Party

Why I agreed to this I had no idea. It was past ten o'clock, going on eleven and instead of getting ready for bed so that I could get up and do the homework I've neglected all weekend I'm wearing a skintight dress and a pair of black stilettos, sitting in the car beside Josh.

"I don't understand why they invited you so late" I say as we drive towards the house that was hosting the party. It was just a ways off campus.

"Because they're dicks" he laughs as he pulls into the driveway of a house that had people flooding out of it. "You coming?" he asks curiously as he shuts the car off and looks over at me.

I sigh and nod, opening my car door and following him up to the door. We walk inside and I'm immediately enveloped by Natalie. "Oh my god" she exclaims. "I knew you would come' she shouts, "you owe me ten bucks Derek" she adds as she looks over her shoulder at the drummer who I knew she had a thing for.

"Fuck off Nat" he replies, bringing his cup to his lips and taking a long swig. She rolls her eyes, letting me go and heading back towards what I assume is the kitchen and where I'm assuming the keg is.

"Thanks a lot for the invite Derek" Josh teases as the two exchange a bro hug.

"Whatever man" he laughs. "You're looking fine tonight Maya" he smirks as he looks me up and down making my cheeks heat up. I wasn't used to this kind of attention.

"Dude eyes to yourself" Josh says, wrapping his arm around my waist protectively.

"Chillax dude, you know I'm screwing Nat on the down low" he replies making my eyes widen in shock. Well I guess I was right, I just didn't realize they were only, what was the term nowadays? Friends with benefits? Fuck buddies? I needed to consult Urban Dictionary.

"Want a drink?" Josh asks me, ignoring his bandmate.

"Please" I reply making him chuckle as he kisses my cheek and disappears to get us beers. My eyes scan the crowd and my stomach turns when my eyes land on Zay in a lip lock with Sophie. I swear the two were literally everywhere I was. I was starting to think they might have a tracking device on me or something.

After a few seconds Sophie comes up for air and her eyes lock on mine, a smirk pulling at her lips as she leans back over and whispers something to Zay. "Something wrong?" Josh asks me, handing me my cup and placing his arm back around my waist, hugging me to his side.

"Our biggest fans are here" I say, using my head to motion to the two of them standing a ways away from us.

"Don't let the" he starts but he's cut off by Sophie's voice.

"Truth or dare time" she announces.

Fuck.

*************************************************************************************

I sit next to Josh in the circle, awaiting someone to call me out but luckily the only people I knew at this party were Josh, the band, and Zay and Sophie, of course those two were enough to screw me over but at least I wouldn't have to be called on very often.

"Sophie your turn" Max says. The raven haired bitch taps her chin with her finger, seemingly debating whose life she was about to ruin even though I knew it was going to be me or Josh. She smirks as her finger lands on Josh.

"Joshie truth or dare?" she asks innocently. My blood boils at the sound of his nickname rolling off her lips.

"Dare" he says instantly, bringing his cup to his lips and taking a sip while his grip on me intensifies. He was nervous.