45. Miscommunications

A/N: Only about ten chapters left! Time to wrap this story up...for now 😉

My alarm blares the next morning and I groan as I turn to shut it off. I look towards Riley who is still fast asleep and I chuckle as I grab a pillow and chuck it at her causing her to yelp as her eyes fly open. "Maya" she mumbles making me chuckle.

"Time to get up hon" I announce as I climb out of bed. "We gotta be on the road in a half hour if we wanna make lunch with Smackle and Farkle."

"Just five more minutes" she whines as she turns around and attempts to snuggle back into her bed but I shake my head, walking towards her.

"Nope" I argue, stalking towards her bed and pulling her blankets off. "Up" I instruct before turning on my heels and heading for my dresser.

"I hate you" she grumbles as she climbs out of bed. I roll my eyes at her dramatics as I dig through my dresser trying to find a pair of capris. It takes me about three minutes before I finally stumble upon them.

"Finally" I murmur, picking them out and turning to look through my closet. I pick out a teal blouse with lace fringe along the hem and quickly get dressed before tugging a brush through my stubborn locks. "I'm gonna go freshen up" I call to Riley who is still sluggishly looking through her closet. She waves me off and I chuckle as I grab my toiletries bag and head to the bathroom.

I walk in and head over to the sink, setting my bag on the edge and pulling out my toothbrush. I brush my teeth and check my hair one last time before deciding I look good enough. I pack my bag back up and head back to my room. When I walk in Riley is pulling on her shoes and seemingly almost ready to go. "Your boyfriend has been blowing up your phone since you left" she explains, motioning her head towards the nightstand where my phone is resting.

"What? Why is he up so ea-?" my question is cut off by the sound of my ringtone. I walk towards it and pick it up, bringing it to my ear. "Why are you up so early on a Saturday?" I ask playfully.

"Meetings" he complains. "Getting up before the sunrise should be illegal" he complains making me chuckle. "What are you up to today?" he asks curiously.

"Just going to see Smackle. We haven't seen her since the showcase" I remind him.

"That'll be fun. I'm glad you're taking a couple days to hang out with the girls...I sorta feel like I've been hogging you since we got together" he chuckles. I had to admit he wasn't exactly wrong. I never spent the night in my room and I only saw the girls during class hours.

"I suppose we really are more attached than we thought" I giggle.

"Not shit" Max shouts on Josh's end of the call. "Josh hang up with your girl so we can get some food before we have to leave."

"In a second" Josh replies. "Don't act like the entire hotel didn't hear you having phone sex with Sophie last night" he adds and Max's voice cuts out. I assume that shut him up...and gave me a picture I never needed.

"Too much information babe" I giggle.

"Sorry" Josh apologizes. "I guess I gotta get going but tell Farkle I say hey, will you?" he asks hopefully. "I haven't seen him in a while and he's sorta the whole reason the band even had a chance to get our stuff out there."

"Of course I'll tell him" I assure him as Riley stands up and taps on her wrist demonstrating that we need to get going and I need to stop wasting time talking to Josh. "Um I should get going too" I add. "Talk to you later?"

"Of course. Have fun today and text me when you get there. I know it's a bit of a drive."

"I will. Try not to fall asleep during your meetings" I add playfully making him chuckle.