16. Invasion

I manage to avoid Zay and Sophie the rest of the week by some grace of god but I know now that Friday is here that I'm most definitely screwed. This weekend was going to be a disaster of epic proportions.

"What time are your parents gonna get here?" Josh asks, leaning against the sink in the bathroom while I brush my teeth. On the mornings I didn't wake up beside him he made sure to "run into" me in the bathroom so he could see me. It was sweet but today I wasn't in the mood for twenty questions.

"I have no idea" I admit, spitting out my toothpaste. "I wish we could just fast forward through this weekend" I sigh.

"It's going to be fine" he insists as he takes my hand and pulls me in front of him. He leans down to peck my lips, "I love you."

"Love you too" I smile as the door swings open.

"Dammit" Sophie complains, "I owe Zay another dollar" she adds as she brushes past us.

"What idiotic bet do you have going?" Josh asks as he plays with our intertwined fingers. It was adorable, the little things he did absentmindedly, as if having me by his side was part of his normal functioning now.

"I bet you guys would be broken up by the first of this month, every day you're still together I owe him a dollar until you surpass his prediction" she explains.

"Sounds like you're gonna go broke" Josh replies making my heart swell and a giggle fall from my lips.

"Mhm we'll see" she rolls her eyes. "Enjoy parent's weekend" she smirks before disappearing around the corner to take her shower.

"If murder were legal" he mutters making me hit him.

"Joshua" I warn as he sighs.

"She's a bitch and I'm sick of her messing with us."

"Ignore her" I insist, "walk me to class?"

"Gladly" he smiles, slipping his hand into mine and leading me out of the bathroom.

*************************************************************************************

Note to self: don't do pirouettes on parent's weekend because they may just randomly show up and you will fall right onto your ass mid-spin.

"Baby girl" my mom exclaims. I fall onto the floor and whip my head around to find my parents walking into the studio followed by the parents of every other student, including Riley's. Riley and I lock eyes and I bite my bottom lip.

"Surprise" Miss Laine exclaims. In this moment my favorite instructor has just become my least.

"We missed you so much kiddo" Shawn smiles as he pulls me into a hug after I finally stand up and collect myself.

"Me too" I mumble as I hug them back. To be honest I really did miss them, I missed them terribly the first week and maybe even the second but I had to admit I was falling into a routine here and I was kind of enjoying my freedom.

"We're allowed to take you out of class, we thought you'd take you to lunch" my mom exclaims while my head spins. They just showed up and now they're taking me out of class and to lunch.

"Um" I stutter, "I would love that, but uh I kinda wanna take a shower. I can show you guys to my dorm" I exclaim.

"That would be lovely sweetheart" Katy smiles. "Topanga" she shouts, making Riley's parents walk over to us with Riley trailing behind looking like a deer caught in headlights. She certainly wasn't the sweet, innocent girl she was when they dropped her off a few weeks ago. "We're taking Maya to lunch after she takes a quick shower do the three of you want to join us?"