42. Neglect

Hello lovelies. I want to start this author's note by thanking each and every one of you that sent your condolences and prayers for me and my family. It really meant a lot to have so much love pouring in from all of you during a rough couple of weeks. I was thankful to have a couple weeks away from Wattpad to just really spend some time with my family and not have updates looming over me but I am happy to say that I'm back. I know it wasn't the longest break but honestly I am so ready to come back and be with my Wattpad family again and I'm really excited to share these updates with all of you. Again I thank all of you for your patience and support and without further ado...the updates!

************************************************

"Are you sure you don't wanna come to class?" I ask Josh while I'm standing in the middle of the floor in his dorm room putting my hair up in a high ponytail. We had science class in ten minutes and I was already running late since Josh was playing hokey and wanted me to play with him.

"Um yea. I'm positive" he laughs, putting his hands behind his head to prop it up so he could see me better. "Plus we have to be at the studio in like two hours and I still need to get ready."

"I have to be honest I don't like this" I argue as I grab my bag and hike it up onto my shoulder. "You shouldn't be skipping class."

"I'll go. Just not today" he shrugs. "Penelope I appreciate that you worry about me but I'm fine."

I want to argue with him but I'm exhausted. Turns out trusting someone took a lot of energy and when I wasn't worried about Josh and his questionable life choices I was throwing myself into my dancing since I had learned there was an audition for Alice in Wonderland coming up. It was a professional gig and freshman were hardly ever casted but I wanted it more than anything.

"Fine" I concede with a deep sigh. "But promise me you'll go to class one of these days."

"I already said I would" he replies. "You're gonna be late yourself if you stay here arguing with me" he points out making me roll my eyes. He was so annoying sometimes.

"I'm going" I give. "I love you" I add as I head towards the door.

"Love you too" he replies as I slip out of the room and rush off to class. I make it there just as the bell rings and I let out a sigh of relief as I scoot onto my stool across from Sophie.

"Cutting it a bit close don't you think?" she chuckles. "Where's Josh?" she asks curiously as I pull out my notebook and place it on the lab bench in front of me before digging through my backpack to find a pencil.

"He's skipping" I sigh, looking in every nook and cranny of my bag but still unable to find a writing utensil. "Dammit" I mutter in frustration.

"Here" she says politely handing me a black pen. "Take a breath My" she adds. I take the pen graciously and take a deep breath as I relax in my seat.

"I'm sorry" I apologize. "I'm just worried. I don't want him to fall behind. I support his dream of becoming the next Maroon 5 or whatever but school is important."

"Sweetie relax" she soothes. "Josh isn't terribly irresponsible. I'm sure this is just this week's thing. He'll be back in class in no time" she says positively.

I let out a deep breath and nod my head. I really hoped she was right.

*************************************************************************************

I've come to the conclusion that classes are almost unbearable without Josh. By the time I walk into the union I'm anxious to see him. I never knew I could miss him so much and it made me worried about what being without him while he was on the road was going to be like. "Guess who?" his low, masculine voice asks as he places his hands over my eyes.