10. Honesty

I didn't plan on spending the night in Josh's room, it just sort of happened which is how I end up untangling myself from my boyfriend the next morning trying not to wake him up. The television is lit up with the annoying Netflix menu that asks you if you're still watching something, we had started binging Riverdale last night and had fallen asleep.

I climb off the futon and look around, running my fingers through my tangled hair with a sigh. I glance around for my phone and I finally see it resting on his desk. I walk over and notice its dead. "Shit" I mutter as I pocket my phone before my eyes land on Josh's phone sitting on the coffee table. I needed to figure out what time it was and the boy didn't seem to own a damn clock.

I walk over to his phone and hit the on button making it light up. I notice two things immediately.

One. I'm late for class. Two. Sophie has texted him six times.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me" I mutter, not realizing Josh had woken up.

"Gorgeous what are you doing?" he asks curiously, he doesn't sound upset but I figured that was due to the fact that he wasn't fully awake yet.

"Uh" I stutter. "I needed a clock. I'm sorry" I say quickly, "my phone is dead."

"Okay" he smiles softly.

"Okay?"

"Yea" he says, his eyes narrowing in confusion. "You want the password too?" he asks with a chuckle, "I trust you and you should trust me, I have nothing to hide" he shrugs.

"Not even these six texts" I reply, not in a vicious way, more in an informative one.

"Gimmie" he sighs as he sits up. I hand over the phone and he quickly taps away at the screen before tossing the phone back onto the table. "Blocked" he shrugs.

"What?" I question in shock.

"She's not worth my time" he replies, "and you're late" he says as he stands up. "I'll walk you to class."

"I still need to shower and change. I'll never make it" I sigh.

"Guess you'll have to bring a charger next time" he smiles as he sits back on the futon, switching on the television to the morning news. I look at him intrigued as I stand off to the side of the futon, staring down at him.

"Next time?" I question, causing his gaze to flick up to mine.

"Um" he stutters, "not like I expect you to spend the night with me, I'm just saying you know if you maybe want to then you should bring your phone charger so that we don't sleep through your classes" he continues, stumbling over his words making a smile pull at my lips.

"Calm down" I giggle as I collapse onto the futon beside him. "I'm messing with you babe."

"Babe?" he questions, "I like that."

"I like you" I reply, leaning forward as a smile pulls at his lips. He kisses me softly, not making a move to deepen it, the heat and intensity from last night long faded away in the early hours of the morning.

"I like you too" he whispers, pecking my lips one last time before pulling back and slinging his arm over my shoulders. I snuggle against him, watching the news for about a half hour, just enjoying being in such a simple moment with Josh before finally having to leave to get ready for my academic classes.

I head to the bathroom for my shower and the second I open the door I'm filled with regret because Zay seems to be running late as well. He's brushing his teeth when I walk in and I make an effort to walk past him without a word.