52. Last

Friday mornings are meant to be happy. Friday mornings aren't supposed to be spent loading your boyfriend's stuff into his car because it's his last day on campus. I lean against his car while he loads in the last bin and bring my bottom lip between my teeth. It killed me to let him leave today, to not just jump in the car with him and go but I had finals and I couldn't miss them.

"You're moping" Josh calls me out as he stops in front of me, resting his hands on either side of my body effectively trapping me in his arms. "I'll be back in New York in a few months and I already made sure to set aside tickets for you at every venue just in case" he adds with a smirk. My heart swells as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'm really gonna miss you" I admit and he nods in agreement before leaning down and catching my lips with his. I smile into the kiss, tugging at his hair as he steps closer.

"Get a room" Sophie yells and we laugh as we pull apart and come face to face with the raven haired beauty hand in hand with Max. The two of them had finally surpassed friends with benefits into a full-fledged relationship and I had honestly never been so happy for two people in my entire life.

"Keep it up and I'll make sure our room is next to yours every time she comes to visit" Josh smirks as he moves to lean against the car beside me. Sophie rolls her eyes while a chuckle falls from my lips.

"Honey that would be more of a punishment for you. I'm pretty loud if you don't remember" she adds and Josh groans, pushing off the car and shaking his head.

"Let's not dwell on our past sex life" he insists and I nod in agreement. While I had accepted their past it wasn't exactly something I enjoyed talking about no matter how close Sophie and I got. "Anyway" he adds, changing the subject. "I was thinking that we finish our gig and then maybe hit the road tomorrow morning...like early tomorrow morning" he says for clarification. I avert my eyes to the ground. "But not too early" he adds, looking towards me and pulling me against him. I smile softly, leaning into him.

He kisses the top of my head and the bell rings causing me to groan. Annoyingly the other three were already done with this semester so that left little ole me to attend classes all by myself. The only class I still had with someone was ballet rehearsal with Riley. "I'll see you guys tonight" I say dismissively, leaning up to peck Josh's lips before heading off to class.

*************************************************************************************

"So" Riley begins as the two of us are warming up at the barre. "Are you ever going to tell me why you've been acting so weird around Josh? I mean, I know he's leaving today but you've known that for months and then the other night you ran off and talked to Sophie of all people" she rambles and I sigh.

"Riley I can't tell you" I insist making her face fall. I knew that keeping things from her made me the literal worst friend on the planet but I couldn't tell her, I couldn't risk her telling Josh and ruining the surprise. If there was one thing about my best friend that I knew, it was that she was incapable of keeping secrets no matter how hard she tried.

"Why not?" she whines. "I'm your best friend. You even told Sophie!" she exclaims. I nod.

"If I were to tell you then you'd have to promise me that you won't say anything because I really want to surprise him and I'm going to be very upset with you if you ruin it" I reply and she nods in understanding.

"I promise I won't tell him" she assures me. "But what is it? You aren't dropping out to like follow him around the globe are you? Because I love you too much to let you throw away everything you've worked for just for my uncle."