7. Break-Up

The next morning the last thing I want to do is go to class but I already skipped last week, there was no way I could skip again. I'm lying in bed trying to find motivation to get up when my phone rings, I reach over to grab it, smiling when I see my mom's name on the screen.

"Hello" I answer drowsily.

"Hey baby girl. How's it going?" she asks curiously as I sit up, noticing for the first time that my best friend's bed is empty.

"It's going okay I guess" I sigh. "It's been a lot in all honesty."

"Well baby girl we warned you that this school was gonna be a lot" she reminds me as I run my fingers through my hair.

"School is a lot but that's" I take a deep breath, "that's not exactly what I mean."

There's a long pause before my mother speaks again, "so, what are we talking about?" she asks curiously.

"There's a boy" I say softly, closing my eyes, awaiting my mom's reaction.

"A boy?" she questions, "do you have a boyfriend?" she asks as I let out a chuckle.

"Actually I do" I laugh lightly, "but uh, it's really, really complicated."

"Mhm and why is that?" she asks curiously.

"I have a crush on Riley's uncle" I sigh, "and a friend I've made offered to pretend to be my boyfriend" I explain.

"I'm sorry" she says confused, "is there a reason you don't just date the boy you like?"

"He has a bitchy girlfriend" I mutter making my mom chuckle.

"I see" she says, "well I'd have to agree that things are a little complicated" she laughs lightly.

"Yea" I sigh, running my fingers through my tangled locks as the door to my dorm opens and my best friend walks in carrying her shoes from last night. "And it just got a little more interesting. Mom I'm gonna have to call you back. I love you" I say before hanging up the phone and staring intrigued at my best friend.

"Don't start" she says as a giggle bubbles out of her making a smile pull at my lips.

"Did you sleep with him?" I exclaim as a blush falls on her cheeks but she shakes her head.

"He brought me back to campus and we were starving so we ordered pizza, watched a movie and fell asleep. Nothing happened" she insists, a smile wide on her face.

"He end things with the she-devil yet?" I question as she shakes her head, dropping her shoes to the floor.

"I'm not getting my hopes up" she sighs.

"He'll see you're perfect for each other. I promise" I smile as I climb out of bed. "You going to class?"

"We better" she laughs as she unzips her dress and lets it fall to the floor before opening her dresser to retrieve her ballet clothes. "Seeing as though we skipped last week."

"That's what I was thinking" I reply as I dig out my clothes and quickly change.

"You talk to Josh yet?" Riley questions as she pins her bun to the top of her head.

"Nope" I reply, popping the p. "I'm done Riles" I sigh, "I can't do it anymore."

"So what are you gonna do?"

"I think I just need to end this fake relationship with Zay and try my best to focus on school" I reply as I grab my duffel bag and sling it over my shoulder.