13. Bad

My alarm blares way too early. I moan in annoyance as I turn around and look down at my boyfriend sleeping soundly on his futon, oblivious to the noise that woke me. I chuckle, shaking my head in amusement while raking my fingers through my hair. I sit up, shut off my alarm and climb down onto the ground. I grab my bag and grab my clothes for class before slipping out of the dorm and heading to the bathroom.

Of course I have the most terrible luck in the history of the planet.

"Funny, I thought your dorm was that way" Zay smirks, pointing in the direction he was walking from. I want to slap that smirk right off his face. Maybe I should've let Lucas kick his ass last night.

"Mind your own fucking business Zay" I snip as I brush past him and walk into the bathroom but Zay being the annoyance that he is, he follows me.

I place my stuff down on the edge of the sink as he moves to lean against the one beside me. "So, he fuck you yet?" he asks bluntly making me gape at him. "Don't look at me like that" he adds, "I'm just trying to figure out when I should be expecting the "I should've listened to you" text" he says smugly.

"How about never" I snip. "You are such a dick" I add angrily.

"You know out of all the guys on campus how come he's the one you want to sleep with? I mean there are much more respectful guys who actually have the same passions as you."

"Zay I love him okay" I exclaim, "I'm not leaving him."

He stares at me wide eyed, his mouth hanging open. I don't realize it until I see the look on his face that I just admitted that I'm in love with Josh. But of course like the dumbass that I am, I didn't tell Josh I told the one person who is definitely going to use it against me. He starts to laugh and the anger inside me bubbles over. "You love him" he laughs, "that's rich Maya" he continues, doubling over. "Wow you're more of an idiot that I thought."

"Shut the fuck up Zay" I exclaim.

"You're just mad because you know I'm right" he replies, his laughter stopping. "Honey I promise you that the second those three words leave your mouth he's out the door and if not he'll say them back just to get you into bed and the second the sweat dries he'll be gone" he says seriously.

I shake my head, gathering my stuff and heading towards the door. "I don't need to listen to this" I snip.

"I'm just trying to protect you" he shouts.

"I never asked you to" I shout back angrily, stunning him into silence allowing me to finally slip out of the door.

I can't go back to Josh's dorm. If he sees me crying I'll have to tell him why and that involves telling him that I love him. I couldn't do that. Not like this. I instead head to my room and I'm thankful to see the doorknob free of any accessories allowing me to pull it open. Lucas is there but he's fully clothed lying in bed while Riley is throwing her hair up into a bun. "Peaches what's wrong?" she asks worriedly as she rushes towards me.

I don't reply, I just break into her arms, my tears running down my face faster than she can catch them. "Please tell me Josh didn't do something stupid" she says softly as I shake my head.

"No" I reply adamantly, "but I have to tell you something and I really, really want you not to react the way I think you're going to."

"Peaches please tell me you're not pregnant" she says making me laugh as I shake my head, wiping away the tears off my face.

"No" I insist, "I love him Riles" I admit making my best friend's eyes widen as she stares at me in shock. I wait for her to say something but I'm met with silence. "Riles" I say softly, wondering if she heard me. "Honey" I say again, waving my hand in front of her face hoping I didn't just cause my best friend to have a stroke.