12. Performing

The rest of the week is quite literally the definition of hell. Lucas finally got the guts to make Riley his girlfriend but just like we all had thought, it had put a large Missy sized target right on the beautiful brunette's back. She was now the target of more hurtful gossip than I thought possible, but then again I was dating the school's fuckboy, so I guess we were tied.

My two best friends and I walk into the studio on Friday morning and everyone is surrounding the small corkboard on the wall. I share a confused look with my friends before Dove, an adorable bleach blonde, comes up to us.

"We were finally assigned partners" she exclaims.

Pas de Deux. We had been in class for a few weeks but Miss Laine wanted to get a feel for all of our techniques before she paired us off. Apparently she had finally made her decision.

"Oh my god" Smackle groans as she drops her bag and pushes her way through the crowd. "Whatever" she shrugs as she comes back over to us.

"Who'd you get?" I ask curiously.

"Dave" she shrugs. I had to admit that wasn't the worst partner. He was tall, had dark brown hair, and he was pretty handsome.

"Who'd I get?" Riley asks, moving through the throng of people. "Lovely" she grumbles as she makes her way back over to us. "I got Charlie. Are we allowed to switch?" she asks.

Charlie was Missy's twin brother.

"I'm sorry honey" I sigh as I make my way to the board. "You have got to be fucking kidding me."

"Hi partner" I hear behind me. I close my eyes and clench my fists, trying to control my anger as I turn around.

My partner was Zay.

*************************************************************************************

"Uh" I moan in annoyance as I fall flat on my ass for the hundredth time today. I was in the studio, busting my ass to practice the routine we were working on in class. Zay was absolutely no help in class today so it seemed I would have to learn how to do a dance meant for two all by myself.

I stand back up and brush off my leggings before getting back in position.

"Pas de Deux is usually easier with a partner" Josh says, startling me making me whip around to face my smug boyfriend leaning against the open doorway.

"I'd rather never see mine ever again" I reply honestly as I turn back around to face the mirror. I see Josh walking towards me in the reflection of the mirror.

"What's wrong?" he asks worriedly, his hands landing on my hips causing a wave of calm to rush over me.

"Zay is my partner" I say softly.

"Excuse me what?" he exclaims as he moves to step in front of me. "You're messing with me right now right?"

"I wish" I reply, reaching up to let my hair out of my ballet bun. I let it cascade over my shoulders, shaking it out. "I know we gotta get going, I'm sorry I've been in here so long."

"No, no" he insists, shaking his head. "We actually have a little bit more time" he adds, a smile pulling at his lips. "Do you maybe want some help?" he asks, rubbing his neck nervously.

That's when I remember my incredibly sexy musician boyfriend used to do ballet.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

"I'm only coming out of retirement because you look so damn cute right now" he smiles, leaning down to peck my lips. "So?"

"Okay" I give.