19. Frustration

Do do do do do dododo

"Ugh" I moan in annoyance as I reach over and shut off my alarm clock accidently waking up my sleeping boyfriend in the process. "Sorry" I whisper. "I have class."

"I know" he whispers as he curls his arm around me, pulling me closer.

"Josh" I giggle as I attempt to wiggle out of his arms. "I gotta go. Miss Laine will kill me if I'm late again."

"Fine" he sighs as he lets me go reluctantly. "I'll come pick you up and walk you to class later" he adds making my heart flutter as I nod in agreement.

"Okay" I whisper before leaning down to peck his lips. "I love you."

"Love you too Penelope" he replies making me smile as I climb down onto the floor and grab my bag of clothes. I quickly change into my ballet outfit and throw my hair up into a bun before frantically searching for my ballet slippers.

"Dammit" I mutter in annoyance. I had to have left them in my room. I sigh and bring my hand to my neck to check that my key is still there before slipping into a pair of flats and leaving the room with my dance bag on my shoulder. I wander down the hall to my own wing and head straight to my room. I open the door and find Lucas sleeping in Riley's bed with no sign of my brunette best friend. I spot my shoes on the floor and I grab them, stuffing them into the bag.

"Riley?" Lucas asks sleepily, lifting his head off the pillow making me chuckle.

"Nope, just me Huckleberry. Happy Monday" I laugh making him groan as he buries his head in the pillow. "See you later" I shout over my shoulder as I head out of the room. I make it to the studio just in time and meet up with Smackle and Riley.

"Morning" Riley beams.

"Morning. Lucas says hi" I add making her furrow her eyebrows in confusion making me giggle.

"He woke up when I went in to get my ballet slippers" I explain as understanding washes over her features while I turn to Smackle. "Good to see you Smackle."

"I figure maybe I should attend a class or two" she shrugs before Miss Laine calls attention to herself and starts the class.

After warm ups I get paired up with Zay as per usual. "Don't drop me" I snip as I position myself in front of him.

"Whatever" he rolls his eyes as he grabs my waist. Practice goes well and with one last reminder that auditions are in a little over two months we head out of the studio. My boyfriend is standing against the wall, a pair of sweatpants hanging off his hips and his sweatshirt that I usually wear.

"That's mine" I argue as I walk up to him, a playful smirk pulling at my lips.

"Me or the sweatshirt?" he asks playfully as he pulls me into his arms and kisses me softly, pulling back after only a couple seconds. "How was class?" he asks as we begin to walk hand in hand down the hall.

"Tiring" I sigh. "I hate getting up early" I complain. "I'd much rather spend my morning in bed with you" I add honestly.

"I'd rather have you in my bed too" he replies making a blush rise on my cheeks as we reach the classroom. "By the way" he smirks, lifting our intertwined hands to his lips as he pushes me gently against the wall. "Have I told you yet how sexy you look with my room key hanging around your neck?" he whispers, ducking his lips to mine. I wrap my arms around his neck and tug his hair as his grip on my waist tightens eliciting a moan from the both of us.

"This is why we have dorms" Zay scoffs making us pull apart reluctantly.

"Seriously?" I laugh in disbelief. "You and Sophie are attached at the lips twenty-four seven."