50. Promise

Hello lovelies! I'm back...again and I'm here with a little update on what's been going on in my life and why updates have been so sporadic. A few weeks back I started my job and my life has been pretty much consumed by. I'm working a lot of hours and it's been tiring me out to the point of coming home and sleeping leaving little time for me to write. Also, last week was my annual family vacation which was some much needed rest and relaxation and I only got one chapter of a book done while I was up there. But now I'm home and off for a couple days so here I am with updates. I can't promise they'll be frequent or as often as usual but I'm trying my best to find a balance with everything in my life right now and it's been a little tricky. I really appreciate your patience and I hope you all continue to read and enjoy my books as writing them is still one of my favorite things to do in my free time. I love you all so much and I hope you enjoy these updates.  

***************************************************************************************

I'm woken up to incessant knocking on my door. I already know who it is. Since getting back I had planned out the perfect way to surprise my boyfriend with the news that I would be spending the summer with him on tour but in the meantime I was set on keeping it secret which was proving to be pretty difficult.

I groan, climbing out of bed and padding across the floor to pull the door open. "Morning" I greet Josh, leaning against my doorframe.

"Not a good one" he replies snippily. "Why didn't you come to my room last night?" he asks, pushing his way into my room while I close the door behind him. I shrug.

"I was tired after rehearsal and I didn't really feel like hanging out. I came back here and passed out."

He sighs, running his fingers through his hair. "So you aren't pissed off at me?" he asks causing me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Baby why would you think I was pissed at you?" I question, quirking an eyebrow at him. "Everything's fine" I assure him, stepping towards him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Promise?" he asks, looking down at me. "Because if there's something bothering you we can talk about it and try to figure-." I cut him off by pressing my lips to his, smiling as we pull apart.

"Josh I promise" I insist.

He lets out a deep sigh, pressing his forehead against mine. "Then why the distance and don't give me this shit about you being tired because I know you better than that. What's going on with you baby?"

Of course he wasn't going to let this go. My boyfriend knew me too damn well. "Fine" I sigh, releasing my grip on him and putting a few feet between us. "I'm keeping something from you. It's nothing bad it's just-it's something I would rather surprise you with and being around you makes it really hard to keep secrets."

He furrows his eyebrows. "Wait, so you're avoiding me because you're surprising me with something?"

I nod. "Mhm" I hum.

He smiles, closing the distance between us. "What is it?"

I groan. "No" I insist. "I told you it's a secret!"

"But-."

"Josh" I giggle, placing my hands on his chest. "I need you to be patient. Please" I beg, looking up at him through my lashes. He sighs, conceding with a nod of his head.

"Fine but it better be worth the wait and no more avoiding me. I'm leaving soon and I want as much Maya time as I can get before then."

"Oh do you?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow at him. "What would you like to do during this Maya time?"