25. Someday

When I wake up the next morning I hear the shower running in my bathroom and I figure Josh must've decided to take a shower after he woke up. I sit up in my bed and hug my knees to my chest. I was hoping today would go fairly well but with my luck the day would be a disaster. I pull back the blankets on my bed and climb out of bed, wandering over to my bathroom. "Josh" I knock lightly. The water shuts off and seconds later my boyfriend answers the door with a towel around his waist. My mouth goes dry as I stare at the water glistening off his skin, the droplets cascading over his muscles.

"Babe" Josh says, catching my attention. I look up into his eyes as a blush rises on my cheeks. "Eyes up here gorgeous" he teases.

"I'm gonna go check on my dad" I inform him as I take a few steps back from him in order to catch my breath.

"Or" Josh smirks as he closes the gap I just formed. "We could take advantage of the fact that your dad doesn't know we're awake" he whispers as he crashes his lips onto mine. His tongue swipes across my bottom lip, begging for entrance which I inevitably grant. We stumble back towards my bed but I put my hands on his chest to stop him. It was too much. If we got into bed my common sense would fall away and I would end up letting things go further than I knew I was ready for.

"Stop" I say breathlessly as we pull apart.

"Something wrong?" he asks worriedly as he caresses my cheek. I shake my head, catching my breath.

"Nothing's wrong. I just. I think we should stop."

"Penelope breathe" he says softly as he gazes into my eyes intently. "I never would've pushed things further than you wanted."

"I know" I nod honestly. "It's not you, it's me" I admit, stepping away from him and running my fingers through my hair. He chuckles as he turns on his heels to move his gaze with me.

"It's you?" he questions.

"Yes" I exclaim. "You. In my bedroom. In a towel. In only a towel" I blush as I turn to face him. "I love you and I want you to be my first but not like this" I shake my head. "And I know you wouldn't have pushed but it would've been all too easy to let things get to that point."

"Okay" he nods as he steps towards me, running his hands down my arms soothingly. "But Penelope just remember you can say no or stop at any point. No matter how far things go" he insists. "I never want you to feel pressured when you're around me."

"I don't" I insist. "I promise" I smile as I reach up to kiss him. "Get dressed. I'm gonna go check on my dad and see if he has anything to make for breakfast."

"I'll be out in a few minutes" he assures me. I nod before slipping out of my room. I walk down the small hallway before entering into the living room where my dad is watching television.

"Good morning" I smile brightly as I walk over to him.

"I thought I heard water running. You didn't have to stay here last night Maya." I scoff as I pick up the empty glass of water.

"So you wanted your daughter driving while half-asleep?" I question with a roll of my eyes as I wander over to the kitchen. I put the cup in the sink before walking over to the fridge. When I pull it open there's not a substantial item in sight. "You've gotta be kidding me" I mutter in annoyance as I close the fridge and walk back into the living room. "What have you been eating?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Take-out" he shrugs.

"Dad" I sigh. "You need to go to the grocery store."

"I will" he assures me without looking up from the television. "When are you going back to school?"