31. Home

"You're running late?" my dad asks, unamused through the phone. I groan as I sprint around my bedroom trying to pack everything I'm going to need for a long weekend.

"Class ran late. I wanna take a shower, say some goodbyes and then Josh and I will be hitting the road" I assure him as I throw a few random bra and panty sets into my bag.

"I still don't know if I'm excited about spending the holiday with your boyfriend" he says making me roll my eyes as I throw my brush and dry shampoo into the bag.

"Dad" I groan. "He's Cory's brother. And Cory is your brother."

"Which makes him your cousin. Which means you can't date" he points out making me chuckle as I roll my eyes playfully.

"I thought we were past this? I thought you liked him now."

"He's dating my daughter. I'll only ever mildly tolerate him" he says making me giggle. "But I know he's family. I'm sorry kiddo. This holiday is just gonna be a little difficult." I nod in understanding. Difficult is the understatement of the century.

"I know" I nod. "But we'll be together and that's all that matters" I insist as my door opens and Riley walks in, attached at the lips to Huckleberry. "Um dad I gotta go."

"Is he there?" he asks making me giggle.

"Nope. But if you wanna rile up Cory tell him that Riley just walked in making out with Lucas." My dad laughs as Riley and Lucas pull apart and realize my presence.

"Drive safe kiddo" he laughs.

"Will do. I love you dad."

"Love you too Maya" he says before we hang up.

"Hi Huckleberry" I laugh as I look up to my friend whose cheeks are flushed bright red.

"Hey Maya" he replies, running his fingers through his hair. "What are you doing in here?"

I quirk an eyebrow at him as I zip up my bag. "This is my room Huckleberry" I point out. "But I was just going to drop my stuff off at Josh's so the room is all yours" I smirk. "Just use protection. No one wants to have a pregnancy announcement over Christmas dinner."

"Goodbye Maya" Lucas says as he ushers me out of the room.

"Bye honey" I shout over my shoulder at Riley before exiting the room and heading off towards Josh's room. I use my key and let myself in, finding the room empty. I put my bag down and grab my shower caddy from Josh's cabinet under the sink. I grab a towel off the hook and head off towards the bathroom to take a shower. When I push open the door the sounds of Sophie's moans fill my ears. The crazy, jealous part of me puts together two and two and thinks that it's my boyfriend in the shower with her but the logical part of me knows he was probably just running late like me. The shower turns off abruptly and just as I turn the corner I see Max climbing out of the shower followed closely behind my Sophie. My eyes widen in shock.

"I gotta go" Max chuckles as Sophie pushes him against the wall. "Josh is holding a last minute band meeting before we all head out."

"But isn't this more fun?" she whispers seductively, dropping his towel. I look away quickly, not wanting to invade on their privacy any more than I already had. I quickly take my stuff and scurry back to Josh's room, finding him in the hallway.

"Hey baby. I was just coming to find you" he smiles. Reading my face his eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Everything okay?" he asks. I take his hand and lead him back to his room, closing the door behind us. "What's up?" he asks worriedly.