Coffee ~Lay

You were trying to balance all the stuff that you had to carry; a heavy folder, your bag, a cup of coffee and some food. Your friend had once again dumped you for her boyfriend and it was starting to get on your nerves.

“Watch out!” a voice suddenly called and your head shot up to see that you had almost walked into someone.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry! I didn’t look where I was going and I just don’t have a hand free and—“

“It’s ok. I just didn’t want you to get hurt.” His voice was deep and soothing and so calm that it automatically calmed you down. He smiled at you and you thought your knees would give way. Suddenly he reached out and took the heavy folder from your arms and grabbed the bag full of food.

“What are you doing?” you exclaimed.

“Helping a beautiful lady.” He smiled. “I’m Lay.”

“I'm _______” you said slowly. Lay smiled again but this time he motioned for you to follow him.

“Let’s go to that café on the corner just here. They have great coffees and teas.”

“But—I already have coffee.” You looked at him weirdly when he suddenly gave you the bag full of food back and grabbed your coffee and—drank it all?!

“No you don’t. Come have coffee with me.” he smirked and winked at you. You stared at him in disbelief. Did that just happen? But you follow him to the café and you sit down with him, you eat and drink and talk.

“Why were you carrying so much anyways?”

“My friend—she stood me up to go out with her boyfriend.” You rolled your eyes. “She does that a lot since she got together with this Tao guy.”

“Tao?” he asked; you nodded. Tao: Your friend’s new boyfriend and the reason why you had not spent more than a few hours in her company lately.

“Tao is—well… he is one of my friends.” You stared at him. He looked a bit scared as if he expected you to just stand up and leave him there. And to be honest that was your first impulse but then again it want his fault that YOUR friend found that guy more interesting than her friend.

“Well—I wasn’t expecting that…” you trailed off.

“I can tell him to let her go out more often and have her spend more time with y—“, he hurried but you interrupted him.

“No, no.” You put my finger on his lips to silence him and his eyes widened when you did so. “It’s ok. This way I have more time for other things…” You looked him straight in the eye.

“I really want to see you again, ______.” Lay said; you only nodded and smiled. Maybe your friend dumping you wasn’t so bad after all.