Now Will You Look At That ~ D.O

„And that concludes our lesson on time.“ The Doctor said cheerily while flipping his hair. “Now if you will excuse me—I have to meet River.” He started to leave the room when he heard a whisper.

“Now excuse me young boy. Bow ties are COOL.” He sraightened the bowtie that sat around his neck and left the room. You laughed out loud; time lessons with The Doctor were always fun. Packing up your books, you left the classroom talking to your best friend Bom, who was quite literally from another planet and had joined the military to protect said planet from an invasion that was prophesised by their high priests.

“Oh darling, I have to go; sorry. I’m meeting Dongie for lunch. Also you have combat right now; with Kyungsoo.” She wriggled her eyebrows and ran down the corridor before you could snap at her. Kyungsoo was one of the twelve guys who’d come here from Exoplanet. They were their planet’s new military system and most of them were vain and too proud for their own good; including Kyungsoo. His power was Earth and Strength which fit perfectly with your power over matter. You had to admit that your power was pretty awesome. You could increase and decrease the density of pretty much anything and change the shapes and sizes of any object or subject. You had for example when you had just been in control of your powers, increased the density of someone’s shoes resulting in the inability of that person to move from the spot; it had been a laugh, for you, not so much the poor victim. But now, you had been paired up with Kyungsoo; your personalities and powers made the two of you a perfect match. Apparently. Sighing, you pushed the door to the combat room open and headed into the changing rooms to change into your kit.

“Now will you look at that; it’s my favourite little girl, Lenalee.” Kyungsoo’s voice boomed through the empty room. The trainer was up in the control room.

“Stop it, Kyungsoo. You of all people should know that I’m not a little girl anymore.” You drawled as you examined the sword you’d be working with today.

“I told you—“, he bristled. “to call me D.O.”

“And I told you, that I would call you by your real name and not some ‘cool’ name you gave yourself.” He was about to say something when our trainer’s voice told us to get ready for the simulation.

Breaths came in short, hard pants and your backs were pressed together, your weapons still raised in defence when the simulation faded. You sighed and leaned your head back against Kyungsoo’s back. He didn’t move away which surprised you but rather just stayed still until you lifted your head away and moved away from him.

“Good work you two. Next combat training tomorrow at 5pm. Be there.” The trainer’s voice filled the room and then the beep of the intercom signalled the end of the lesson.

“Let’s go for lunch.” Kyungsoo mumbled before he grabbed your shoulder briefly and then walked away to shower and change. You stared after him before you moved to the girl’s changing rooms. Lunch? He’d never invited you to lunch before. He always ate with his fellow Exotics, as the people from Exoplanet were called.

“What are you getting?” Kyungsoo suddenly whispered as he stood behind you in the lunch queue.

“Erm—I think I’m gonna go for the Veggieburger and fries with a fruit salad? Why are you so interested in my diet all of a sudden?” He just shrugged and got himself some water; you frowned but the lady asked you what you wanted so you decided to drop it.

“So, how’s your other study going?” He suddenly asked. You almost choked on the piece of melon you’d just put into your mouth.

“Er—good. I guess. Ancient War History and Strategies is a bit stressful, but—why are you so interested in this all of a sudden? Seriously, it’s been almost a year since we’ve been paired and you did not show any interest in my studies or any other aspect of my life since then, so why—“

“You talk too much.” He interrupted; you huffed. “But to answer your question—I don’t know, I just, kind of think that I—er—“, he was stuttering, you raised an eyebrow; Do Kyungsoo never stuttered.

“Kyungsoo? What is it? You know, me being your pair and all, you can tell me anything, even though we never really did any of that ‘pair’ stuff that all the others seem to be so intent on.” Hesitantly you laid your hand on his and felt him tense up a bit; you shivered.

“I—er—“, he was stuttering again and you sighed. “Come with me.” He suddenly grabbed your hand and pulled you up.

“Our trays.” You deadpanned and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes but picked up his tray and urged you to move. You scoffed and walked in front of him.

“Ayo, D.O.” A voice suddenly called.

“I’m busy, Kris. Later.” You heard him answer; this was a first. Do Kyungsoo was never too busy for his friends. As soon as you’d put away your tray, he grabbed your hand again and pulled you away from the dining hall. Other students were sending you confused looks and you could see Bom trying to follow you but she was held back by something; you didn’t have time to see what it was seeing as Kyungsoo had your hand in a death grip and was pulling you down endless corridors never once slowing down. Finally he opened a door and pulled you outside. You were on the roof top; the hot midday sun was unrelenting and burned down on the two of you, blinding you momentarily.

“Lenalee. I have to tell you something.” He started and took both your hands in his. “I think that I—er—like—you?” You stared at him as if he’d grown three heads. Sure you had noticed how attractive he was, you would have to be blind not to notice, but he’d always been too proud, condescending and full of himself for your liking.

“I just… I know you probably don’t like me back, because let’s be honest—I’ve been a pain in the ass all year but I was wondering if maybe, you would consider giving me a chance?” He was looking down at you with those big eyes of his and you couldn’t find it in you to say no, so you nodded and watched as his heart shaped lips broke into a smile so wide you were afraid his face was going to break in half. He hugged you tightly and pressed a kiss to your forehead.

“You won’t regret it; I promise.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soo~ another one.... Are you enjoying this? Maybe? OKay. okay~ I'm going, I'm going... I might have some more *knowing smirk*

I just couldn't resist the Doctor Who reference~ I'm sorry *hides and whispers* exterminate~

Show your L.O.V.     E. <3

Saranghae readerlings Kxx