Dancing ~Lay

You stood at the door to the training room, looking through the little window in it and marvelled. You could see Lay inside; he was dancing. You watched him move, unable to look away. You had stopped to check if the room was free, so you could practice and then you saw this. The sweat was running down his body. He was wearing a vest top and you could see his muscles moving. You stood there like a statue until he finally stopped and turned around, breathing hard. He didn’t see you and you thought about all the times you had seen him but he hadn’t seen you. Suddenly the door opened.

“Can I help you, _____?” his voice was like honey, still slightly out of breath and when you looked up he was smiling at you.

“Eh-eh, I was just checking if this room was free.” You stuttered, hating yourself for it; why couldn’t you at least sound cool? He only smiled and stepped aside.

“You can come in; I’m almost finished.” He moved back to the stereo and put another song on. It was a short song and involved a lot of ‘popping’. You stared at him when he did it; wondering how he could do those things with his body. You dropped your bag in one corner and started to warm up a bit; every now and then you would glance at him. When he was finished he took his bag and with a “See you later.” and a smile he left the room. You sighed and went on with your own training.

After that incident, you started bumping into him more often, when he was practicing, in the streets, with the other members of EXO, you even met him in a restaurant once. But today was different. You pulled up short when you heard someone crying. You followed the sound wanting to know if you could help. You stopped in front of the training room where you had first seen Lay dance. You frowned and slowly knocked on the door; the crying stopped abruptly. You heard shuffling and suddenly Lay was opening the door. You could see that it had been him crying, his eyes were slightly red and on the puffy side. He must’ve seen the concerned look on your face, because he groaned and turned away, mumbling something. He left the door open though, so you came in and closed it quickly.

“Are you ok—stupid question, sorry.” You trailed off. He sank down on the floor in the far end corner of the room and patted the space next to him. You followed and sat down next to him.

“You know that feeling where everything is just too much?” he started; you nodded. “And you just want to break down and cry?” You nodded again. He lifted his hand and started to rub his eyes. You kept silent, feeling that he wouldn’t want to speak. When you could hear silent sniffling noises from your left, you turned your head and saw Lay with his head between his pulled up knees. You extended an arm and put your head down on his shoulder, moving your hand in soothing gestures. After what felt like an eternity, you suddenly felt a hand on top of yours; you startled and looked up. Lay was looking at you and all sense of sadness and crying had disappeared from his face.

“Thank you, ______” he whispered and leaned in. Your eyes fluttered close and seconds later you could feel his lips on your forehead and then his own forehead against yours. You looked up and Lay was staring at you intently. You could feel yourself blush and started to take your arm off his back, but as soon as it was at your side, Lay grabbed your hand and brought it to his lips. He pressed his lips against your knuckles, still not breaking eye contact with you.  You could feel your heart beat faster and your face grow even hotter.  Then he finally spoke.

“_____, do you want to go grab something to eat?” his voice rang in your ears and you nodded, smiling slightly. He grinned and stood up, offering you his hand, he pulled you up and smiled down at you.