Call the Midwife (cont.) ~Chen

When your shift was over, you walked outside almost expecting Chen to have left, but there he was; sitting on a bench in front of the hospital. It was summer so the air was still warm and the sky a wonderful array of intense colours, so you walked up to him and cleared your throat. He shot up as soon as he saw you.

“Cathie—“, he said smiling down at you. “Do you know a nice place to grab some coffee? I don’t really know my way ‘round here.” He asked; his mouth curled up even more cutely than before.

“Of course; there’s a nice little café just round the corner—“, you trailed off and Chen smiled.

“Let’s go there then.” He smiled and to your surprise, took your hand and started walking in the direction you had pointed.

When you arrived at the little café, you led him to the table in the far corner, right underneath a window; where you sat every Wednesday when your shift ended, just like today, but this time you had Chen with you. The two of you sat down and started chatting comfortably.

“What can I get you?” The waitress stopped next to your table. When you looked up you saw her checking Chen out and for some reason it annoyed you very much. Your feelings startled you, you had only just met him but—when you looked over at Chen he gave his order and only looked up briefly to thank the waitress then his eyes went straight back to you. You smiled.

“A white chocolate mocha please.” You said to the waitress, she seemed miffed—she had probably noticed Chen’s quick dismissal of her. When you turned back to Chen, he was already looking at you, you blushed.

“So—you said you study midwifery? How come?” You grinned.

“Well truthfully i always loved caring for people! My mum also taught me of the unconditional bond a mother has with her child and that always stuck in my mind! I realised when I was 14 that I wanted to be able to support and help mothers and to be able to experience that wonderful moment when a mother first meets her child and that precious bond is made—sorry I must be boring you.” You mumbled; you knew that you got carried away sometimes, talking about your passion for midwifery.

“No, no! Not at all! It’s fascinating; I can see that you really love it! I really like girls with a passion.”  He smiled and leaned forward ever so slightly; you blushed and quickly returned to your drink, but you could feel Chen’s eyes on you the whole time.

You finished your drinks but remained seated and talked for a long time until you finally noticed that it was already dark.

“I’m sorry I kept you so long.” Chen said as he stood up. “Let me walk you home.”

You arrived at your front door ten minutes later; the air had grown considerably colder and Chen had given you his jacket about half way to your house. It was comfy and warm and definitely too big for you, the sleeves coming down over your hands. He walked next to you and you could always feel his body touching yours, he was never gone. You smiled up at him as you stood there in front of your door. He smiled down at you and you felt your knees go weak. Then he lifted a hand to your cheek, you felt a shiver run down your spine as his skin touches yours and he starts to lean in. your eyes flutter closed and after a few more seconds you felt his lips against yours. When he pulled back you opened your eyes slowly and found him staring into your eyes, he smiled.

“I really wanna see you again, Cathie.” He whispered. You could only nod and think about what could happen next and you were looking forward to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that was a good continuation, li'l CathieD ;) Love you loads xx

Please leave suggestions for the Truth or Dare series too! Show your love <3 

Love you, little readerlings! Kxx