The Sadness Beyond ~Luhan

She had a smile on her face; even now she smiled. She always smiled, he remembered, always. She was beautiful. He choked on a sob when memories came.

See, it’s not that bad. I’m cancer and I have cancer. Now I literally am cancer.” She’d tried to joke but he could see the sadness behind her eyes. He’d laughed with her just to make her happy.

Don’t look at me, Lu.” The tone of her voice broke his heart, as if it wasn’t broken enough already.

Miannie, please. I don’t care—“

How can you not? I’m hideous! My hair is all gone and I don’t—“

Baobei, you should know that I don’t care what you look like. I love you.” He’d whispered and held her to him tightly, missing the way her hair used to tickle him when he hugged her like this. Heavy sobs had wrecked her body and she’d held onto him like he was her lifeline, but even though he couldn’t breathe properly, he just held her tighter; never wanting to let go.

Letting go. Now he’d have to. He reached out and let his fingers skim along the cold skin of her cheekbones

“I love you, Miannie.” He whispered and his voice broke. He let his head drop down on the cold sheets of the bed she was lying on. He held her hand until the nurses forced him out of the room for the night. He didn’t want to leave but most of all he didn’t want to sleep. Sleep meant dreams and dreams meant memories and memories meant more pain.

Luhan!” His head whipped around and there she was, bright as day; her hair falling down her back and her eyes sparkling in the bright sunlight. He opened his arms wide and she jumped into his embrace; her legs wrapped themselves around his torso and she burrowed her hands in his hair. The feeling was divine and Luhan closed his eyes in bliss. She laughed and he opened one eye in question.

You’re too cute, Lulu.” She smiled and leaned down to kiss him .

I love you.” She whispered against his lips when she pulled back. “I’m sorry, I had to leave, but I’m better now. The pain is gone. I’ll wait for you.” And suddenly she was gone. Luhan was staring into thin air and a heavy cloud started to cover the sun, the warmth disappeared and Luhan shivered.

Miannie. Miannie, what am I supposed to do now?” He fell down to his knees and his wet hot tears drew patterns down his face.

Be happy.” She whispered.

“Son, you need to keep one thing in mind. Love is the most powerful thing on earth. I lost my love a long time ago, but you brought some of that love back. Not the same one, but a new one; a new one that made me very happy indeed. I fulfilled my promise to her. I love you, my son.” Luhan smiled at his adopted son and lifted his hand one last time so skim it along his cheek and wipe away the tear that was making its way down the young man’s face.

“I love you to, father.” He whispered and Luhan closed his eyes.

I have waited so long, my love.” He heard a soft voice whisper. He opened his eyes and stared right at—her. His Miannie.

Mian-nie, what is going on?” He sat up straight and looked around. He was lying in the long grass of a big, green meadow, the sunlight was soft and warm and a light breeze rustled through the grass and moved their hair. She smiled her heavenly smile and kissed him; her lips were soft and warm and tasted like she did all those years ago. He wondered why she felt so real.

You’re with me now. Finally we can call it forever.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this was what you had in mind... I just hate sad sad endings.. so...... yeah~

Show your L.O.V.    E. <3

Saranghae readerlings Kxx