Power #4 ~Earth

A quivering mess in the centre of a gigantic crater; that was how he found you. You could feel his footsteps vibrating through the naked earth beneath you. Immediately you shot up and held your hands in front of you defensively, you could feel your tearstained cheeks grow colder in the strong wind. The man in front of you was gorgeous; his eyes big and dark, his dark hair windswept and his heart-shaped lips absolutely kissable. But you didn’t know what he wanted from you; the others had wanted to get rid of you. The man sent a quick look over his shoulder and the wind suddenly stopped. The air settling and the dust that had been circulating slowly drifted back to the ground. You held your hands up even higher and looked around furiously. How did he do that? Why did the wind just stop? How— your thoughts were interrupted by his voice.

“What happened to you?” His tone gentle and not at all dangerous. You lowered your hands a bit and stared at him.

“I’m Kyungsoo, but you can call me D.O.” he said, taking a cautious step forwards. You back away immediately and frowned at him.

“You don’t trust me, I understand. Just let me explain something.” He crouched down and stretched his hand out over the ground. You stared at him, not knowing what to say. Suddenly the loose earth started to move and curl around his hand, he looked up at you smiling. You screamed and immediately you felt another surge of power run through you and into the earth. Everything around you exploded; you clamped your hands over your face and fell to your knees sobbing once again. You didn’t understand what was happening. You couldn’t control the powers inside you and it scared you. You felt the earth settle down and suddenly there was a hand on your shoulder. You startled and scrambled away from the touch, staring at D.O. with wide eyes.

“It’s okay—just stay calm. I will help you. I’m here to help you.” He moved towards you slowly and this time you stayed still, sitting on the cold ground new tears started leaking from your eyes and coursing down your cheeks. Then suddenly you were engulfed in warmth; D.O.’s arms surrounded you and you clung to him like he was your lifeline, the only reason you were alive. He stroked your hair soothingly and sat there with you, your tears drenching his shirt and you knew he was going to help you. He was going to make it all right again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it :) Next up in the Power series: Light

Show your L.O.V.  E. <3

Saranghaeyo readerlings! Kxx