Your Fault ~Kris

WARNING! This story holds upsetting content, slight violence and medical conditions. People who are sensitive about miscarriages, please don't read this~ it does have a (relatively) happy end though :) 

„Kris, no!“ You screamed as he threw the plate against the wall.

“Maria! I told you not to go and see my mother!” He shouted at you; you flinched and backed away.

“But she invited me over! I just—“

“No! You shouldn’t have gone! You know that she despises you! You know that she doesn’t want us to be together! How stupid are you?” You turned away from him and he did the unbelievable. He shoved you; you felt yourself falling. You landed on your stomach. Your hands outstretched to catch your fall but it didn’t do any good. The baby. Your mind spun, consumed in worry for your unborn child. You pushed yourself up, gasping when you felt a shadow over you.

“Maria—“

“No. Kris, leave me alone.” You snapped; your hand on your only slightly swollen belly. You heard him sigh and drag his hands through his hair.

“Maria, please—“

“No. I need to go. I need to—“; you heaved yourself up and immediately backed away from Kris. He tried to reach out to you, but you just ran into the bedroom, quickly stuffed some clothes and essentials into a bag and ran back out. Kris was standing where you had left him; you could still see his anger in his eyes but also worry. You huffed; as if he worried.

“What happened?” Your best friend asked, concerned when she ran up to you in the hospital.

“I—he—Kris and I had a fight and he—erm pushed me and I landed on my stomach. I just need to make sure everything is alright. I—“, your voice cracked a bit and she immediately hugged you tight.

“Miss Maria?” Your head shot up when you heard the nurse call out your name. “The doctor will see you now.”

Anxiously you sat on the empty bed in one of the clinic rooms. Your friend sat next to you, holding your hand. The doctor had run a few tests and had left to check the results. Your thoughts spiralled out of control while you sat there waiting for her to return. Your friend squeezed your hand slightly and you sent her a thankful smile, just as the door opened and the doctor walked in. her face didn’t betray any emotions, but as soon as she spoke, you knew it.

“Miss Maria, I am afraid that the baby is dead.” Her words echoed in your head; you were aware of her talking, but didn’t listen. Her mouth moved, forming unimportant words. Your baby was gone; gone. You would never hold it on your arms, you would never see its smile, and you would never look into its eyes and remember the love that you shared. Your baby was gone before it even had a chance to be. Before you knew it, hot tears were streaming down your face; you had trouble breathing and felt like you were choking on your tears. The saltiness of your tears invaded your mouth and made you gag; how could you taste anything when your child would never taste? How was this fair? You felt someone rubbing your back and hugging you, dropping kisses in your hair; you were sure it was your friend but you didn’t care. You screamed, clutching your head, you screamed for your unborn child, you screamed for the life you lost, you screamed for the pain inside of you, you screamed because you were angry. You were angry at Kris for being a jerk, you were angry at Kris for pushing you, you were angry at Kris for even getting you pregnant in the first place. If it wasn’t for him you wouldn’t have to go through this. You felt something prick your arm and then everything went black, your emotions vanished and you were at peace.

“Maria?” You heard your friend’s unsettled voice and when you opened your eyes, she sat there next to you. She had been there the last two days in the hospital, when they had run more tests and taken—it still hurt thinking about it; your little angel was gone. You had refused to talk to the doctors and nurses and even your friend. You sat up, but immediately fell back down onto the bed you were lying in as an excruciating pain shot through your head and lower body. You moved your hand to your now flat stomach and felt another tear escape your eyes. Your friend took your hand and smiled at you; a sad but encouraging smile.

“Miss Maria.” The doctor came back in. She, too, had a small, sad smile on her lips. You turned your head away from her and stared at the ceiling. “Your friend told me what happened with your husband—“; you stiffened when she mentioned him. “But I can assure you that the miscarriage was not caused by your fall.” You snapped your head towards her, with a frown on your face. “It was a good thing he did though, because if you hadn’t come in because of it, we would never have discovered this.” She reached for some papers on the clipboard that had been tucked under her arm. “I am afraid that you have the Antiphospholipid Syndrome or Hughes Syndrome; this is a disorder in your immune system that increases the risk of blood clots in your body. Often it leads to strokes or heart attacks, but it also results in miscarriages.”

“Does that mean I will never be able to have children?” You asked, your voice barely a whisper.

“We will give you treatments and you should be able to have children after a while. Don’t worry; we will never be able to cure it completely, but we can help you to lead a perfectly normal life, without strokes and with children.” She smiled again and you felt a weight fall off your shoulders. The doctor stayed a few more minutes, explaining the treatment and effects.

“Did Kris show up?” You asked, weakly after the doctor had left. You had refused to see or hear anything about him.

“He—I think, he slept on the chairs in the waiting rooms. He refused to leave—Maria!” She stopped you when you tried to get up.

“No! I need to talk to him.” You shouted frantically; struggling against your friend, who tried to hold you down on the bed.

“Maria! Be sensible, you can’t get up yet! Your body is still weak—“

“KRIS! KRIS!” You shouted, hoping that he would hear you. To your surprise, the door swung open after a few minutes and a very tired looking Kris stormed inside.

“Maria—“, he started but you just opened your arms and he hurried over; burying his face in the crook of your neck, you could feel tears escaping him and falling onto your skin. You smiled, though still sad, but he was there and he loved you and it wasn’t his fault.

“I’m so sorry—I’m sorry I pushed you, I’m sorry we lost the baby, I’m sorry I was so—“

“Hush. It’s ok. It’s not your fault.” He let go of you and stared at you, with a confused expression on his face. “I—I have this Antiphospho-something Syndrome, that’s why we lost the baby.” A relieved expression flitted over his face, before it took on an even more concerned one.

“What does that—“

“It’s not too bad; I’ll get medication but that means that we can still have children in the future.” You smiled and he smiled back, even though both your smiles were slightly forced, before he leaned in and pressed a short, sweet kiss to your lips.

“Wo ai ni, baobei. No matter what happens; wo ai ni.” 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that wasn't too bad~ I could fell my heart racing when I wrote some parts of this~

I hope this was what you wanted though, Maria~ 

Show your L.O.V.  E. <3

Saranghaeyo readerlings! Kxx