Prologue

Your p.o.v

"Alright, are you all packed up?" My mother asks me and I look around my room that is filled with boxes.

"I suppose." I say, a bit angsty still that we even have to move. She looks up at my eyes and gives me a sympathetic look.

"Hun, I know you're still mad that we even have to move from here, but once we get to Brighton, I'm sure you'll love it." She rubs my shoulder comfortingly. I look outside and plaster a fake smile on my face.

"Alright, let's get going then." I say as I make my boxes float to the moving van that leads to the private plane.

She stares at me and I smile innocently. She shakes her head and walks to her room.

"You're getting too good with your abilities, cupcake." My dad walks in, ducking his head as the boxes float out the door.

"Hey, you are good with your 3 abilities. So is mom, I gotta get good with my upcoming ones." I help him carry a few boxes to the van.

"Thank you, by the way." He says as we place the boxes in the van. I sigh and look at him.

"Dad."

"I know, I know. You don't like it when I thank you for having your own business and fashion line. But, seriously, thank you." He pats my shoulder and walks away.

My phone buzzes and I take it out from my purse, holding it up to my ear as the boxes keep floating in.

"(L/n)." I say into the phone and I hear squealing, making me pull the phone away from my ear.

"A hello would be nice, Mykie." I say as my dad nods and I hop into the back of the van.

"Sorry, I'm just so excited for you! You're going to Brighton! Are you excited?"

"Well, no. Yes and no. I won't be able to see you and Ripley again for a while." I look at my nails and pick at the nail polish.

"(Y/n), we can video chat. I can't believe my fashionista bestie is going to Brighton! I heard cute boys live there." I can just hear the smirk on her face and I smile slightly.

"I'm on my education and business, Mykie. No boys at the moment."

"At the moment! But eventually!" I hear Ripley bark and I look outside.

"Yes, Ripley. She's leaving." Mykie says and we stop by the plane. I take a deep breath and get out the van.

"I'll talk to you later Mykie, I have to get in the plane."

"Have fun!" She shouts and I hang up. I make arrangements to meet in my new building later on.

I make the boxes float into the plane as I type away. My dad comes up to me and places a hand on my shoulder.

"Well, at least you got something out of the move." He comments and I look up when I'm done.

"Dad, you knew my new building was going to be in Brighton. I just didn't think I would have to go so soon. I figured I would have graduated high school then off to my building. You just wanted to move for your new job, which I said we didn't need since I have enough money to pay for both of your lives." I look at my mother who is talking to the pilot.

"We don't want you to overwork yourself, cupcake. We can't just sit around and do nothing while you work yourself off for us. Thank you but we can't let you do this alone." He places a hand on my shoulder and I look away.

"Alright! Let's get going you two!" My mother shouts and I walk away, greeting the pilot as I enter the plane.

I sit by the window and my parents sit a little behind me. I look outside as we take off. I rest my chin on my hand and think about how far I've gotten.