33

Your p.o.v

I crack my neck and stretch my arms, letting my wings out. Dark walks up to me and I smile at him.

"Woah, look at you Darling." He holds my hand and spins me around slowly.

"You look absolutely perfect." He pulls me close and I scrunch up my nose at him.

"A little dressed up for war but I like it." He comments and my brows furrow and I look at myself. I'm wearing gray jeans and a gray dress that only the right side flows down to my mid thigh in 3 different colored sheer layers. The top of my dress hugs my body and is sleeveless but I'm wearing gauntlets that swirl around my fingers and up my arm towards my elbow. I look down at my gray converse and kick his leg very gently.

"I wear this every year." I state and he nods.

"How are you supposed to fight if you'll get hurt by showing all that skin Darling?" He rubs my exposed arms and I look at my arms.

"Am I not supposed to?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Enemy sees something exposed, they'll take it as a weak point. Plus I don't want anyone seeing anything from you, you're mine." He kisses my nose and I giggle. My dad clears his throat and I look back at him.

He's wearing his gray suit and I kiss Dark's lips, pushing him back gently away from the fighting grounds. My dad walks up to me and lifts my hand.

"Are you ready to get most of your body broken?" He asks and I pull my hand away and smirk.

"I should be asking you the same thing." I say and I feel Dark's arms hug my body close in protection and I look back at him.

"No..." He whispers adorably and I smile slightly, looking back at my dad.

"Can we have a minute?" I ask quietly and he nods, walking away to Savannah. I look back at Dark and face him.

"Love, I kinda need you to let go..." I whisper and he shakes his head quickly.

"No..."

"Why not?"

"You'll die, and I'll feel it..." He looks at my eyes and my heart swells up with love.

"L-Love I'm not going to die, we do this every year and I come out with a couple broken things but I heal quickly. The food we ate is to prevent you from feeling anything that I feel." I hold his cheeks and he pouts.

"Awh, don't make that face love please." I stare at his eyes and his eyes are filled with fear.

"But you'll get hurt..." He looks down and I quickly hug his neck.

"Love, I'm going to get hurt at one point in my life. But I choose to get hurt today because he has fun, I have fun as well. It's like a tradition for us, please understand." I place my forehead on his and stare in his eyes.

"You'll win for me..?" He asks and I let out a breathless laugh.

"Yes I'll win for you." I kiss his lips and his eyes light up slightly.

"Two little wolves?" I ask and he hugs me tightly.

"Two little wolves." He responds and I kiss his lips slowly, then pull away and walk towards my dad. He's talking to Savannah and she listens intently.

I clear my throat and my dad stops talking, looking towards me.

"I hope I'm interrupting something, but can we start now?" I hold my hands behind my back and he nods, walking with me. I look behind me and snap my teeth at Savannah, making her squeak. I smirk and walk into the middle with him.