12

Darkiplier's p.o.v

I breathe heavily and my eyes widen slightly as she takes a step away from me.

"Y-you're lying..." She whispers and I realize what I just said.

"I don't lie about that kind of thing." I search her face as she looks at the floor as if it will give her an answer.

"I get it. You're just trying to get a reaction out of me. I don't know you well enough to believe you. I'm not going to listen to you over this." She walks away towards the door but I grab her arm and pull her close to my body, inhaling her scent.

She tries to wiggle away from me but I just hold her closer. She suddenly growls and I look at her.

"Don't growl at me. Don't think I haven't noticed your feelings towards me." I force her to look at me and she closes her eyes.

"If you really were my mate, my mate wouldn't treat me like this!"

"If someone else was your mate, I'm sure they would because you're stubborn as hell!" I shout in her face and she pushes herself from me.

"Mates don't treat other like trash! Whether one has a ghost or not!" She holds her chin as tears fall down her cheeks. I stare at her and try to get close to her but she runs towards the door. I grab her arm and she slaps my right cheek.

She stares at me and hiccups.

"If you were my mate, I'd reject you." She goes inside, leaving me outside. I stare at the floor as the words replay in my head over and over.

Wilford comes out and looks at my face. I wipe my eyes furiously and look up at him. His eyes widen slightly at my gesture and I run my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, a tear slipped. So what." I stare at him and he gives me a sad look.

"I heard..." He whispers and I look to my side, forcing the tears to stay put.

"Yeah, and? It's not the first time I've been rejected by someone." I shove my hands into my jean pockets and he gives me my jacket. I snatch it from his hand and put it on.

"Dark, you don't need to be so hostile. You know we don't mind if you cry." He holds his arms and Marzia walks towards us with bags.

"Hey, what are you two doing out here?" She asks and Wilford takes a bag.

"(Y/n) and him had an argument since she got stabbed on accident by Infelix." Wilford looks at me and she looks confused.

"They'll explain. We kinda need a moment here." Wilford holds her shoulder and she nods, taking the bag and walking inside.

"What are you gonna do?" He asks and he leans on the wall next to me.

"What can I do? Didn't you hear her? I can't get her back after that shit. As soon as she finds out I'm really her mate, she'll go ballistic and reject me." I rub my beard and he sighs quietly.

"Do you wanna do this in private?" He asks and I nod slightly. He goes back inside and I push my hair away from my face. He comes back and unlocks her truck. We jump in the back and close the door.

"Spill."

"I like her okay. And not just because of the mate thing. She doesn't put up with my bullshit and I'm not used to it but I'm happy knowing she won't. Everyone else would have let it happen. If she wasn't there in the shop with me, I'm pretty sure I would have killed Anti..." I look at my right hand and play with my rings.

"This is strange, in a way."

"Why?"

"As kids, you said you would never let your mate change you. That she will do whatever you say like an Alpha and his Luna. But we always told you that they're equal in power. Course you never listened and here we are." He leans back in his seat and I look at him.