44

Darkiplier's p.o.v

"I, want all of them." I say, staring at the cribs with puppies inside.

"Dark, you pick one." (Y/n) reminds me as she rubs her hands together like a fly. I look at her hands.

"What are you doing?"

"I put on hand sanitizer so I can pick them up." She points to a bottle of sanitizer sitting on a ledge for a small play pen. I quickly take some and clean my hands.

"Please don't put your hands inside the cribs. Ask for assistance to carry." (Y/n) suddenly says, reading a sign on all the cribs.

"How about this, we visit a few areas with animals that need a home and we pick the best at the end overall." She suggests as she sticks her hand in the pen to pet a small brown fluffy dog, letting it jump up to her and bite her hand.

"Sure, but take your hand out you'll get in trouble." I gently pull her hand out as the other two dogs in the same pen follow her hands.

"Everyone else is sticking their hands in."

"But you're not everyone else." I say as I pull her close to walk around the small store for options.

"What kind of animal would you want?" I ask, looking at the small gray and white husky in a pen with a small Doberman.

"I don't know, just something that will keep me company I guess."

I realize I haven't seen her do any of her school work or work in general. I look down at her face as she checks her holovid bracelet.

"Darling?"

"Yes?"

"Have you been working?" I ask. She looks at me in confusion.

"On?"

"In general, like school and your job."

"Kinda, yeah. I finish my school work early so I have the rest of my time free unless another one is sent in. My job is just as easy. Why?"

"I don't see you do any of that anymore. When do you do all of it?"

"Usually when you're napping, at the tattoo shop or just out with your brothers. The girls are usually busy when you're out so I catch up. When you come back, I spend my time with you since the bond is stronger for us than anyone else." She looks slightly distressed when she says the last sentence, making me worry.

"Darling, is something wrong?"

"No, of course not. Let's just pick a pet." She lets go of my hand and walks to the other end of the store where a small white dog is.

I feel her distress in her heart and breathing. I gently poke into her mind to see what she's thinking of but it's closed off from me.

I slowly walk up to her and grab a small white and tanned puppy with two different colored eyes, holding it up to her face.